Apple introduces iPad

Oh my, it doesn't have multi-task support?

from the link nitemare posted...

"It’s not significantly better at anything than either your iPhone or your MacBook. It can’t be used as your daily workhorse computer on the go, because just like the iPhone’s OS 3.1.2 the iPad’s OS 3.2 doesn’t multitask."

personally i don't like flash, but many websites i like use it.. Well but I can live with it i guess.

next, they'll introduce an iPad without any internet browser and you'll be able to live without the internet as well. :bsmilie:

"It’s not significantly better at anything than either your iPhone or your MacBook. It can’t be used as your daily workhorse computer on the go, because just like the iPhone’s OS 3.1.2 the iPad’s OS 3.2 doesn’t multitask."

it's a 1ghz low power chip

i would imagine it would be severely limited

i remember how my 1.6ghz celeron ran...

it's a 1ghz low power chip

i would imagine it would be severely limited

i remember how my 1.6ghz celeron ran...

Clock speed is not so much the deciding factor, need more details about the architecture.

Apparently it uses a processor of the same speed as the one in the Google Nexus One :think:

Like many other Apple products before, I'm saving my money for something else :)

Clock speed is not so much the deciding factor, need more details about the architecture.

It's fast enough to play some really good looking games from EA. Great framerate.

The iPad can't multitask so i guess that helps the speed part.

personally i don't like flash, but many websites i like use it.. Well but I can live with it i guess.

Is this how you like to view the internet?

apple-creation-0128-rm-eng.jpg

:)

Apparently it uses a processor of the same speed as the one in the Google Nexus One :think:

Like many other Apple products before, I'm saving my money for something else :)

Nexus one uses a snapdragon (Arm based --> Qualcomm) whereas, it looks like the ip@d's A4 processor is from intel.

Is this how you like to view the internet?

apple-creation-0128-rm-eng.jpg

:)

The only 'flash' content I see on the internet, at least on the websites I visit, is usually banners,videos and that sort of stuff. And these websites (BBC,CNN etc) will surely have a dedicated app which will play video. As far as i remember, during the live event the dude went on some news/magazine app and played some flash content...

The only 'flash' content I see on the internet, at least on the websites I visit, is usually banners,videos and that sort of stuff. And these websites (BBC,CNN etc) will surely have a dedicated app which will play video. As far as i remember, during the live event the dude went on some news/magazine app and played some flash content...

The screen cap is from the ipad demo.

The screen cap is from the ipad demo.

That's on the safari browser I'm guessing. The apps should have a totally different framework. This issue doesn't pertain to me so I'm not really bothered. I'll still be ordering some iPads.

As someone else said - What it does, it does well.

as with all new products, i'll wait for gen 2 or 3
else get an macbook air

overview-hero.jpg

Albeit 3 times the price..

I imagine you'd get back half your money even if you sold the iPad a year later in order to get the next version

Anyways apple products are good at v1 most of the time, with a few exceptions of course..

well each to his own.

Personally I was hoping it will be a tablet running Mac OSX Snow Leopard, but it turns out to be a big iPod Touch with 3G support.

Guess I'll pass, since this isn't useful for me...

Yeah i had thought Apple would introduce an iPad with full Mac OSX installed, but i was wrong. I have an Iphone, so having a upsized version of it wouldn't be much of a improvement to my productivity. Haha anyway here is a spoof on the iPad to kick start your day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eF0y0IfpPU

Enjoy! ;)

Was hoping to copy books (ePub/pdf/txt etc) to the iPad to read but it looks like yet another closed system.
I'm not going to spend so much and will give this a miss. Don't want to buy another closed system.
What I am looking forward to is the myriad of alternatives and 'wannabes' that will sit on top of the iPad's shoulders and make it better.