Apple introduces iPad

Don't forget. The Photoshop version on iPhone can be use as well. So u can tweek it too lol.
Anyway I don't see any benefit of ipad. I don't think I will buy.

Prob would hit the spot for photographers who want tethered shooting outdoors, larger screen to preview photos in and on the go storage/viewing device for travel.. If it does support those functions..

but can it be calibrated?

otherwise, as good as using a big big lcd :rolleyes::rolleyes:

but can it be calibrated?

otherwise, as good as using a big big lcd :rolleyes::rolleyes:

yea, that remains to be seen.. how good is its LCD screen.. :think:

yea, that remains to be seen.. how good is its LCD screen.. :think:

I think the LCD screen will be up to usual apple's standards ... for viewing of photos on the go, question is if u can transfer photos into it to view, how easy it is to transfer and how long it takes to transfer.

When apple said they were introducing a "tablet", my immediate impression was a touch screen PC / Mac type of product, but alas, its a bigger iphone .. nice to have but does not really replace the usual workhorses.

Heard the iPad will come with wings for heavy flow. Dry nights ensured! :bsmilie:

Now the wife won't have to rummage through her purse, saying she can't find her iphone!

Seems to be that they are challenging the net book and the reader market.
But kindle is available in sg. Using eink which is much more energy efficient.

but kindle is in B&W leh...

never mind the comments..i am definitely getting one of these for my wife to replace that stupid netbook...

Remember, like iphone, no flash support.

"tethered shooting outdoors"
that's really interesting potential.
Will Canikon make native ipad app to interface with dslr?

Technically, sony is most suitable but it has its own ebook reader, may incur internal politics to discourage such interface.

Wish pentax has enough r&d funds to provide such wireless interface viewing.

Not sure if ipad may offer SD card slots in the next iteration, that may improve ease of use as a photo frame.

Remember, like iphone, no flash support.

I am pretty sure that Adobe will release some sort of flash capability for the iPad soon enough.. They're probably working on it as we speak.

I am pretty sure that Adobe will release some sort of flash capability for the iPad soon enough.. They're probably working on it as we speak.

It's not adobe, it's apple that doesn't want flash on iphone and probably ipad.

It's not adobe, it's apple that doesn't want flash on iphone and probably ipad.

there'll be mass shootings, murder, looting, and riots if they don't release flash! :devil::devil::devil:

there'll be mass shootings, murder, looting, and riots if they don't release flash! :devil::devil::devil:

don't know, that link i posted claims:

Most importantly, the iPad’s browser does not support Adobe Flash, the foundation of rich media on the web today. Adobe is planning to make it possible for Flash developers to develop apps, but it won’t work on the web.

I’ll admit that the decision not to support Flash is a logical one if you start at the right premises; Flash is responsible for countless reported crashes on Macs, and Apple can’t control it to ensure quality of experience. Apple is banking on a transition to HTML5 and CSS 3 for rich web content. While that transition has already begun, it hasn’t fully happened yet. Until it does, it’s ridiculous to call this device the best way to experience the web when one of the most ubiquitous and essential web technologies is not supported.