Anyone still or used to be afraid of heights here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Hi wondering whats the maximum level before your legs go weak when u look down from the window? I cant take like more than 4 storeys......otherwise I keep having this feeling that I am gonna fall over the ledge or something.

I always wanted to go like trekking along those mountains but just not sure if I am gonna like freeze once I encounter a cliff......thinking of climbing Mt Kinabalu or go trekking in Nepal but doubt I wil make it.....dunno if theres a difference when u go trekking cos those afraid of heights are like ,only have this problem when they encounter a steep cliff but if its high but with a slope the fear isn't there......:dunno: ....hehe....dunno if you knwo what I m saying....

Anyone managed to overcome your fear of heights?

Hi,
I was afraid of height. But there is this opportunity for me to climb those funny funny stuff when i Joined the OBS camp, then i just gave myself a try.:sweat: manage to climb to the top though.:bsmilie:

The result, I don't know whether I'm still afraid of height as i still haven't encounter any location like 20-25 storey:dunno: But I realised that it is the state of my mind that make me afraid of height, height not as scary to me as it used to be. :bsmilie:

climb up to PSA quay cranes (those giant often show on TV) and look down ... walk here and walk there ... :bsmilie:

afraid of height but only when standing. Think its the fear of falling over.
Have flying experience but when stand at edge of roof or open window then look down.
The knees will feel weak.
Done confidence course, rock climbing but it's harnessed so not afraid to move or look downwards.

Astin said:
U can try taking the cable car to Sentosa, high enough. :bsmilie:

Cable car rides are all right....its like I am afriad when I encounter high free falling edges....or when I was in Shenzhen....that imitation Eiffel tower...when I was at the 5th storey with the floor being metal gratings so I can see the ground level.....legs felt numb.....it crops up everytime when I think I am gonna like drop down the edge or something.....have done absailing before which was ok as it wasn't over 4 storeys.....

Anyone with height phobia but still managed to go mountain climbing or trekking successfully?

Aton said:
afraid of height but only when standing. Think its the fear of falling over.
Have flying experience but when stand at edge of roof or open window then look down.
The knees will feel weak.
Done confidence course, rock climbing but it's harnessed so not afraid to move or look downwards.

Yes yes thats what I meant.....its like the fear of falling over and down.....like if I go up a steep slope........going up will be ok....but if ascending think will have major problems......

If u have height phobia, then the trick is look up to the sky, not looking down. (unless your are commission to shoot photos from the top of a tower, then no choice must look down...

Astin said:
If u have height phobia, then the trick is look up to the sky, not looking down. (unless your are commission to shoot photos from the top of a tower, then no choice must look down...

no,the trick would be to look forward.
If i look up or down then my knee will go weak.

KNIGHT ONG said:
climb up to PSA quay cranes (those giant often show on TV) and look down ... walk here and walk there ... :bsmilie:

please don remind me, my balls shrank when i got up to TP CR27.

anyway, im afraid of heights too, more than 7 storeys the fear sets in. but i think it is more important to learn how to handle the fear. like when i got up to the PSA quay crane...i was still afraid, but still able to accomplished what need to be done....n i will not hesitate to do it again, although not 100% willing...:sweat:

Never afraid of height.

Did bungee jumping and parachuting....

Did a photoshoot for a client in Malaysia who needs every floor to be shot from top down. Climb to the 50th storey......to shoot. The adrenalin rush is great man!

When I'm at my 6th storey kitchen window I can't look straight down.
I always get this weird flying feeling.
But I had no problems setting a scaffolding from the basement right up to the Departure Hall of Changi Airport's T1 back in the 80's.
That's as high as my flat.

A piece of advice, Going bungee jumping isn't going to help you conquer the fear. I can prove that.

Even if walking at corridor of high floors I will certainly walk away from the parapet wall especially so if the wall is below my chest height.

Roof top is the worst. So afraid that I may trip onto something or anything I would walk quite slowly and away from the edge. As long as I know if there's any safety precaution, it would reduce the amount of fear.

Floor to ceiling Glass Wall type of units at high floors also give the tremble.:sweat:
even I know the glass is not going to drop.

As long I do not see the low ground near my feet (full length glass panels), it is alright.

Astin said:
U can try taking the cable car to Sentosa, high enough. :bsmilie:

Mmm...:think: ...this reminds me of last time i was in the cable car descending from Genting Highlands, I was seating facing down...and the first part of the journey is really scaring me :sweat:

Ok, one fine day i will give that a try...:thumbsup:

Aton said:
A piece of advice, Going bungee jumping isn't going to help you conquer the fear. I can prove that.

Even if walking at corridor of high floors I will certainly walk away from the parapet wall especially so if the wall is below my chest height.

Roof top is the worst. So afraid that I may trip onto something or anything I would walk quite slowly and away from the edge. As long as I know if there's any safety precaution, it would reduce the amount of fear.

Floor to ceiling Glass Wall type of units at high floors also give the tremble.:sweat:
even I know the glass is not going to drop.

Warau......exactly the same kind of situations which I fear...like that glass wall panel might break even though you know its not gonna to right.....

I'm not afraid of heights, I can do quite high without breaking a sweat. However, I tend to panic when I stand near the glass railings at shopping centres, I keep imagining them to break and I fall over. Guess I don't have a fear of heights, but a fear of falling down and dying. :)

used to be afraid. but bo pian, last time army rappelling day-in-day out until legs seasoned :bsmilie:

but i still afraid of dropping down by accident lah. you never know ;)

Fear is only but a perception, I have'nt been able to remove the perception yet..:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.