Anyone still doing or interested in Large Format?

Ic... thanks for the update. Yeah it will be a problem because the place will be packed with people going to see fireworks. So the only chance is 26th July.

Or an alternative venue on the 25th. :bsmilie:

What about one of the cathedral areas near Peninsula, or some old building? I guess subject matter not really so important for an intro meet-up but more important is nearby amenities and peace and quiet so that we have peace of mind and don't kenar chase away. And not forgetting the KOPI! :bsmilie:

Or an alternative venue on the 25th. :bsmilie:

What about one of the cathedral areas near Peninsula, or some old building? I guess subject matter not really so important for an intro meet-up but more important is nearby amenities and peace and quiet so that we have peace of mind and don't kenar chase away. And not forgetting the KOPI! :bsmilie:

I just realised I have a problem, I will be back in SG only on the 26th morning. So sorry about that, didnt notice that till like just now. Yeah I can only make it on the 26th or thereafter.

The cathedral may not be good, cos my LF lens is a standard lens of about 50mm equivalent.

I have a couple of film holders, so is enough for every participant if it is around 10. :)

sweat100, please count me in.
I'm ready 25th or 26th July, as long as it's weekend :cool:

I PM'ed you my contact number.

Thanks..

I just realised I have a problem, I will be back in SG only on the 26th morning. So sorry about that, didnt notice that till like just now. Yeah I can only make it on the 26th or thereafter.

The cathedral may not be good, cos my LF lens is a standard lens of about 50mm equivalent.

We could always set for the following Sat since you get in only 26 am and might be tired. :)

Don't worry too much about lens limitations - since we're just doing an intro and hands-on. Could always shoot archi features. ;)

We could always set for the following Sat since you get in only 26 am and might be tired. :)

Don't worry too much about lens limitations - since we're just doing an intro and hands-on. Could always shoot archi features. ;)

I am fine with 26th actually cos I am just coming back from Malaysia. No worries. I think for around $8 per frame (fresh slide film + processing), need to shoot at least something that is decent. Need people who wants a good hands on and take good slide photo, then it will look good under the light box.
Personally I would like to shoot the Esplande as well, cos i never shoot that area with LF before.

If I can make it that day I will bring a 75mm (LF WA) along. Would you believe I bought it but have never tried it out :sweat: My friend borrowed it once and said it was great. Ah well.

Sweat100, what mount is your view camera?

Waah ... Linhof power lai liao? :lovegrin:

Old churches and cathedrals can present some of the nicest subjects, but let's go to the Esplanade since you've not shot that in LF before. The lights and shapes would look lovely on a large trans! :)

Chope. Who's coming and what equipment can bring?

SUN 26 th Jul 09 TIME? Final Location?

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited:
Interested... but as a slacker leeching off my parents, I have a very tight limited budget. :(

can i have tea instead :D

As off what is going to happen, you'll not only be
very comfortable but put at ease with pleasure of
having Jack's flexibility and the group's fascinating
Large Format introduction politics. :bsmilie:

--------------------------------------------
Your belief system conquers all rules. :);)

Interested... but as a slacker leeching off my parents, I have a very tight limited budget. :(

It is not necessary to have such worries as all things
will come to light when you put in your keen
interest to be involved actively in this group.

----------------------------------------------------
At the end of the day you'll find that you have
make an effort to be connected with this
exciting group of people and to make them happy. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

1) foxtwo, sinar f1 + 75mm (tentative, but will try my best to make it :D)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

1) foxtwo, sinar f1 + 75mm (tentative, but will try my best to make it :D)
2) DM (TBC): horseman mono, 65mm, 150mm, will be shooting rollfilm but can bring extra 4x5 holders in case anyone needs. Expired trans though. :embrass:
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

i am unlikely to make it on the 26th afternoon... *sigh*... Can only make it this saturday... guess got to join u guys next time...

I've got nothing to bring, can I go too?

I've got nothing to bring, can I go too?

No worries.

You can always bring your interest, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

That's the purpose of this meet-up, if there are enough interested participants - to share knowledge and experience. So far got only two TBC sign up. :bsmilie:

Meanwhile, it would be really good to read up about large format cameras and their operation ... just to get a bit of background info. :)

If I can make it that day I will bring a 75mm (LF WA) along. Would you believe I bought it but have never tried it out :sweat: My friend borrowed it once and said it was great. Ah well.

Sweat100, what mount is your view camera?

Hi foxtwo, my mount is a toyo/omega view camera mount. 75mm is really wide, I dont have a recessed lens board, but i think should not be a problem. The drill hole I have is copal 1.