Anyone seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I have seen passengers abuse and hit airport staff before, so this is not the worst case scenario.

What i am interested is, when in the same situation as the vedio here, what will they do?

If staff is being hit, what is the norm? pin the aggreassor down (only if he is a big guys right)?

What i am interested is, when in the same situation as the vedio here, what will they do?

If staff is being hit, what is the norm? pin the aggreassor down (only if he is a big guys right)?

The airports are extremely well covered with security CCTVs then you would ever know. There are also plainclothed officers from the airport police to SATS/CIAS police to task force team (riot police) mingling with passengers. (I use to do that even way back then) and there are also one-way mirror rooms over looking passengers walking about.

In situations like a female attacks someone, a security or airport staff, most would try to defuse it from escalating to that sage if possible while calling for assistance and in worst case fend them off as the situation progresses...again depending on how aggressive she can get. Easy to think about it in hind sight or be reading a manual and some mock exercise on it but when the real thing happens..it is never "by the book"

In most situation there should be enough female staffers about too (given it is a airport crawling with people) and if not, any disturbance like this would initially be observed from a distance alerted by people on the ground and the relevant reinforcement personnel will already be dispatch to look into the situation.

If a woman attacker is deem to be very aggressive and clearly shows she is more then capable of causing hurt physically or with an object(s), sometime you can't be waiting till it gets that bad that you then react so you have to stray calm and defuse it as much as possible without you too resorting to violence on her. Again...if you do what is right and use appropriate action and if you now have to get physical meaning to subduing him or her to the ground for her own good and others safety then do it. As I said, the entire airport is well documented with cameras video taping the scene. Of course that could work for or against you depending on what you do to him/her in the course of subduing them. (use of necessary or excessive force)

This happens not just at airports but everywhere too and you notice sometime as the situation is being dealth with and defused, even the police would whip out a camcorder to film the entire situation. Women police officers are dispatch too in case they are dealing with women suspects or situations where women are involved.

And as you can see from the YouTube video which lasted for sometime, you don't see any authority or airport staff getting into the fray.,,,but close at hand as a precautionary. That is because, she has family members trying to calm her down. It also give the authority time to observe from a distance to see how best to handle it before they intervene. To see if it gets too much that they have to call in the relevant personnel to deal with it or her own family is able to calm her down and go off. So in the mean time they just hanging back and observe.

Throwing a hissy fit like a little demented brat like this...she lucky she is in HK. Like someone mentioned...if this was in London....good luck to her. I still suspect she is "playing it up" to the camera for one reason or another.

Last edited:

Different situations require different actions as well as different solutions. There is no one solution to all problems.

If she is the last person and she is not at the boarding gate at the stipulated time(gate close time), she will not be allowed to board and her bags will be off loaded.

If she is not the last person and airline staff are still waiting for other people on a connecting flight that will be arriving in the next few minutes, she might be allowed to board.

If she continues to create a disturbance, she might not be allowed to take the airline forever, depending on the airline in question. Almost all airlines have bar lists that prevent a passenger from taking a particular airline due to certain incidents.

If the passenger deliberately causes a flight to be delayed due to reasons like those in the video, some airlines do take action to recover the costs associated with the delay.

Generally, most ground handling agents will leave the person alone and after a while tell the person when he/she has calm down to go to the transfer counter / airline counter to arrange for a next flight to their destination.

Different airlines/ground handling agents have different procedures for staff being hit. Generally depending on wherethere the staff would want to file a police report. If the staff would want to make a police report, airport police will be called in.

If a staff is being "hit" on by a passenger(as in being interested in the particular staff and would like to ask him/herout blah blah blah:devil:), discretion would used lah and most of the time, airport police would not be called in lah

Last edited:
The airports are extremely well covered with security CCTVs then you would ever know.
As I said, the entire airport is well documented with cameras video taping the scene.

Actually this is not true:nono:. There are a lot of areas in changi airport that are not well covered with security CCTV camera as it is not logical and a waste of the taxpayers money to install a security CCTV camera everywhere.

Actually this is not true:nono:. There are a lot of areas in changi airport that are not well covered with security CCTV camera as it is not logical and a waste of the taxpayers money to install a security CCTV camera everywhere.

I know..I was referring to general population areas where the public have access, places deem necessary for safety and security.

I know..I was referring to general population areas where the public have access, places deem necessary for safety and security.

That'a included such as the the waiting areas, transit areas, lounge areas, carpark, areas outside and before the baggage screening areas, certain areas after the baggage screenings areas, rest areas etc......

Which also explains why staff are not able to find passengers frequently using the CCTV cameras and have to do a walking search.

London heathrow airport has one of the most CCTV cameraa and you still have people being classified as missing before being found. The longest time a person went there missing in a terminal was for 2 weeks.

London heathrow airport has one of the most CCTV cameraa and you still have people being classified as missing before being found. The longest time a person went there missing in a terminal was for 2 weeks.

Eh, and tht person in question have been loitering ard the airport for 2 weeks??

If she continues to create a disturbance, she might not be allowed to take the airline forever, depending on the airline in question. Almost all airlines have bar lists that prevent a passenger from taking a particular airline due to certain incidents.

wah, so serious one ah!!:eek::bigeyes:

but why the airline? she create a scene in the airport mah, not in the air-plane what:dunno:?

wah, so serious one ah!!:eek::bigeyes:

but why the airline? she create a scene in the airport mah, not in the air-plane what:dunno:?

Under the USA's homeland security act, you don't need to act up in the airport to be on the no fly list. If you are deem to be a threat in any way from some investigation done on you... you are already on the no-fly list. In some cases, even if you can fly, they will scrutinies you each time you travel by air. Drunk on plane, acting like a jerk are all also ways to get you on the nation
's no fly list or specific airlines. Bummer but it happens man. Imagine that...got money also can not fly heh... including internal flights hor. So imagine you live on the west and want to see your relative on the east side of the US.. how to get there? By car, train or bus...imagine how long to travel like 4-6,000 miles across the US.

Google about it...you will find scary stories about it. Even having a name sounding similar can get you red flagged. Here's something to get you started:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Fly_List

Last edited:
In London, especially heathrow airport, the situation is much more worst as compared to asian countries, the gates close on time and there is no time extension.

My experience of English people is that they were always punctual and liked to queue very orderly :D hoho

My experience of English people is that they were always punctual and liked to queue very orderly :D hoho

My experience of Local people is that they try to be punctual and liked to queue very much :D

if my wife ever does that, i will give her one tight slap and wake her up.

if she doesnt wake up, i will continue slapping her till she does.

I am not slapping her cos she embarrassed me. I am doing that cos she is 1 blardy spoilt bi**h.

Status
Not open for further replies.