anyone put braces before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfurr

Jun 20, 2008
if yes, where? how much and any experiences to share?

thanks!

i went for gahmen wan, at National Dental Center at Outram. cheaper than private wans, for my case i had to remove 2 lower teeth behind my canines before i can wear braces. but the dentist can be quite rough with my teeth- just wack oni! :(

had a nice & orderly looking set of teeth after about 24 months. i think he's not that skillful, maybe novice? 1 teeth kenna kok*, all very pain. :sweatsm:

after 4 years never put retainers, my teeth not so neat & orderly. i hope u are not into any sports where the chances of injury is high. if not teeth in danger.

well, i am always worried for the worst lah. all the "wad ifs"... :sweat:

that 2 years include plucking out 2 front teeth + 2 wisdom tooth + 2 year braces about $4000+. can't remember the exact price.

& 2 year no kissing gf. mua-haa...

Last edited:
Usually if you are refered by a government polyclinic dentist to the national dental centre, you pay lower rates of about $2.5k-4k depending on the severity of your case(such as the complexity, number of teeth to be extracted etc etc). You cannot choose your own personalise doctor. You are also expected to wait for at least 1.5-2.5years.

If you do not want to wait and want to choose your own personalise doctor, you can also go to national dental centre, but pay A class rates.

But since the last time I saw you, I don't think you need braces:think:

I wish I do. But I'm born with teeth so straight, want also cannot... sigh :dunno:

Since that's your sentiment :bsmilie: No one will stop you burning your own money if it does not infringe Singapore law. ;p
Go and put loh. If you feel it's a fashion for you. Spend the money and make yourself happy and also the dental organization wealthier. Why not ? Win Win situation.

i went for gahmen wan, at National Dental Center at Outram. cheaper than private wans, for my case i had to remove 2 lower teeth behind my canines before i can wear braces. but the dentist can be quite rough with my teeth- just wack oni!

had a nice & orderly looking set of teeth after about 24 months. i think he's not that skillful, maybe novice? 1 teeth kenna kok*, all very pain.

after 4 years never put retainers, my teeth not so neat & orderly. i hope u are not into any sports where the chances of injury is high. if not teeth in danger.

well, i am always worried for the worst lah. all the "wad ifs"...

that 2 years include plucking out 2 front teeth + 2 wisdom tooth + 2 year braces about $4000+. can't remember the exact price.

& 2 year no kissing gf. mua-haa...

eeps. ogay. i'm playing contact rugby. haha!
but was it a one shot payment or an installment thingy?

Usually if you are refered by a government polyclinic dentist to the national dental centre, you pay lower rates of about $2.5k-4k depending on the severity of your case(such as the complexity, number of teeth to be extracted etc etc). You cannot choose your own personalise doctor. You are also expected to wait for at least 1.5-2.5years.

If you do not want to wait and want to choose your own personalise doctor, you can also go to national dental centre, but pay A class rates.

But since the last time I saw you, I don't think you need braces

the wait is quite. unbearable. haha. 21 alr! teeth look like monkey. and who are you! hurhur! i dont recognise your nick. :) whats A class rates like?

I wish I do. But I'm born with teeth so straight, want also cannot... sigh :dunno:

:( not fairrr. haha.

Since that's your sentiment :bsmilie: No one will stop you burning your own money if it does not infringe Singapore law. ;p
Go and put loh. If you feel it's a fashion for you. Spend the money and make yourself happy and also the dental organization wealthier. Why not ? Win Win situation.

not v fashionable leh. haha. feel like metal mouth like that.

Whatz the matter, friend?! :bigeyes:

many want to have straight teeth but don't. That's why they have to opt for braces.

It can be inconvenient, painful, not to mention the $ spent may be too much for some.

Be thankful you've got straight teeth.

Oh... unless you are one of those teenagers who want to have fake braces for fashion statement (something I can't understand). So you still can if you want to.

painful! alot of restraints. felt uncomfortable cos i did it when i was in p6. so it really felt like an obstacle. sometimes i felt like i burst a nerve in the brain trying to endure the pain.

eeps. ogay. i'm playing contact rugby. haha!
but was it a one shot payment or an installment thingy?

not v fashionable leh. haha. feel like metal mouth like that.

maybe u have to avoid that sport, unless u want some accident to happen. if kenna hit its not just 1 teeth that is in trouble, its a row (or 2, upper + lower rows!)!! :sweat:

for National Dental Centre payment is made each time u visit. so in reality, the cost is just estimate. if there is no need to extract any wisdom tooth u save about $450 each. as a day surgery it costs more, for that its 1 week MC.

for guys, have braces done & completed before NS. if not u'll have a hard time eating & training with all the pain during BMT. be any chance if got emergancy need to see dentist while in Tekong, u'll have to bare with the pain just "alittle" longer...

Status
Not open for further replies.