Anyone out there using Lowepro Versapack? Need your input!

dorje87

Aug 3, 2010
khatib
Hi fellow CSers!

I am in quite a dilemma. I think many of us here are too. I am still in the process of searching for the correct one - the ultimate camera bag that suits my needs!

I used to own a lowepro inverse 100AW. thought its not bad but then my shoulder started to feel the pain from the sling and its not really worth it to buy the backpack harness for it. Also it didnt have much space for me to carry my wallet, mints, etc in it so i sold it away.

I have been KIV-ing the versapack and viewed some youtube videos about it. But i'm still not very sure about its carrying capacity and comfort. Yes, comfort is very important to me. I owned a Kata 123-Go-20 before and it didnt feel comfortable when i'm carrying it even though its a backpack.

Here's what i hope to carry in my versapack with me - wallet, mints, tissue, 500ml water bottle, some notes (yes i'm still studying =( ), pencil case with calculator, D5000k with batt grip and tamron 17-50mm attached. Anyone has any idea if the versapack will feel very heavy on the shoulders or would it be just nice???

Anyone out there who is using the versapack and care to share your daily carrying items with me so that i can have a good gauge? Please do give me some advice/suggestions on any other backpacks which you think would suit me even better! Thanks!!!

oh yes, i would hope to carry an additional lens and a flash too, for the days when i am set to go out for shoots. Please advice! thanks!!!

I don't think versapack is meant for a dslr with grip. Maybe you bring all ur gear to CP or TK to try....another model u can consider is fastpack 250 or 200...

I don't think versapack is meant for a dslr with grip. Maybe you bring all ur gear to CP or TK to try....another model u can consider is fastpack 250 or 200...

Hihi! are you using the versapack? which bag are you using currently and what do you carry in it daily?

I'm using the versapack and a grip is fine depending on how you partition your compartment. My normal gear packed in is a flashgun, Sony A33 with 18-250 and one or 2 prime lens. All these are in the bottom compartment with the camera drawn from the side. I also do put a water bottle into the top with the small front pockets for batteries, a lenspen, blower and cleaning kit. Top still got space for other stuff...usually food lol.
Comfort is subjective. It is fine when it's not loaded to the max but do note the straps are not that well padded. The bag is meant to be light like a day pack as it can be folded up into another luggage. The front pouch is good for notes as I stuffed all my maps and magazines there when I travel. Another good thing is it looks like a normal backpack and can bring to school everyday.

But one thing I found out, the tripod strap is next to useless as it tends to swing. If only there's a velcro strap somewhere in the middle to hold it.

Hi fellow CSers!

I am in quite a dilemma. I think many of us here are too. I am still in the process of searching for the correct one - the ultimate camera bag that suits my needs!

I used to own a lowepro inverse 100AW. thought its not bad but then my shoulder started to feel the pain from the sling and its not really worth it to buy the backpack harness for it. Also it didnt have much space for me to carry my wallet, mints, etc in it so i sold it away.

I have been KIV-ing the versapack and viewed some youtube videos about it. But i'm still not very sure about its carrying capacity and comfort. Yes, comfort is very important to me. I owned a Kata 123-Go-20 before and it didnt feel comfortable when i'm carrying it even though its a backpack.

Here's what i hope to carry in my versapack with me - wallet, mints, tissue, 500ml water bottle, some notes (yes i'm still studying =( ), pencil case with calculator, D5000k with batt grip and tamron 17-50mm attached. Anyone has any idea if the versapack will feel very heavy on the shoulders or would it be just nice???

Anyone out there who is using the versapack and care to share your daily carrying items with me so that i can have a good gauge? Please do give me some advice/suggestions on any other backpacks which you think would suit me even better! Thanks!!!

If these are A4 sized,you can drop the idea of getting the Versapack.Cos this bag cannot hold A4 sized items in the top compartment...

The straps are not padded, so heavier loads might put a bit more strain on your shoulders. However, I would generally advise against heavy loads in the top compartment, since it would likely press down on the camera in the bottom compartment. :nono:

One other issue is that it gets very warm after carrying for long periods, as the large surface area of the bag that comes into contact with your back results in poor ventilation. :(

I have also looked at the Versapack before but gave up the idea of getting it after looking at the straps, the shoulder straps are not padded and feels kinda cheap, the shoulder straps are the deal breaker for me. A pity since I kind of liked the bag.