Anyone knows which telescope for astrophotograhy newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
djork said:
hello Amigo.. well perhaps joining a local club would be good? btw there's a local astro forum online in yahoo groups, search "singastro".. otherwise there's always their web at http://www.singastro.org

Thanks djork.

Possible to get any scope around $500 to start with this hobby?

Amigo said:
Thanks djork.

Possible to get any scope around $500 to start with this hobby?

You might be able to get a used TAL-1 or a SkyWatcher brand refractor for $500.

Ian said:
You might be able to get a used TAL-1 or a SkyWatcher brand refractor for $500.

Thanks Ian. Where can I get it? I need to buy an adaptor in order to attach to my camera too, right? How much is that also? I have a Canon EOS5 and digital cam Fujifilm 602Z, can the adaptor connect these 2 cameras with the scope?

Amigo said:
Thanks Ian. Where can I get it? I need to buy an adaptor in order to attach to my camera too, right? How much is that also? I have a Canon EOS5 and digital cam Fujifilm 602Z, can the adaptor connect these 2 cameras with the scope?

Start looking online, places like Astromart (in the states) and at local clubs etc.

The EOS will attach via a T-mount adaptor. No idea on the Fujifilm, but from what little I know about digicams and telescopes the adapters are grossly overpriced in most cases.

Ian said:
Start looking online, places like Astromart (in the states) and at local clubs etc.

The EOS will attach via a T-mount adaptor. No idea on the Fujifilm, but from what little I know about digicams and telescopes the adapters are grossly overpriced in most cases.

I got the t-mount adapter (EOS --> T-mount) from Cathay for about S$20 ........ so I guess should be fine.

Fujifilm 602Z is a fixed lens SLR Like camera .... so I guess .... no t-mount....

Also, I wish to ask is this a good piece of equipment?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=202145&is=REG

Status
Not open for further replies.