Anyone knows how much it costs to repair / replace parts for Oly dslrs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

headfonz

Apr 6, 2006
hi guys,

gotta send in my e510 to olympus service centre for A&E treatment. accident at home involving my camera and the floor resulted in a shattered rear body panel around the vf :bheart:. anyone knows roughly how much it would cost to replace the body panels and a full checkup?

Oh crap. Sorry to hear that. If it is just the casing and nothing sinister happening internally, I don't think it would be very expensive... Bring it down to the service centre and get a quote first. Don't make yourself more troubled by thinking about it. OK?

Do you have another DC to take a picture of the damage?

Aww. Sorry to hear. Hopefully it can be repaired. :)

here's the pic taken with my mobile...heart pain :bheart:

the panel just below the copy / print button is cracked along the seam, but it can't be seen in the pic

2250085833_05d8c5c2b2.jpg

2250086097_d0ed70901e.jpg

anyways, thanks guys.

just hope someone here knows roughly how much it would cost for such repairs (not from experience hopefully). can only send it in late next week so thought it would be good to know the $$ impact

really hope that you are feeling better.

as micro said send it in to service center to get a quote as it is really difficult to tell you how much the repair cost will be. the last time i checked getting the quotation should be FOC but you may not get it on the spot as the techs might need to give the cam a full check to asses the damage to your cam.

not to worry oly staff will be more than willing to help you get your cam back in working order ;)

Looks frightening. Is it still functioning OK?

really hope that you are feeling better.

as micro said send it in to service center to get a quote as it is really difficult to tell you how much the repair cost will be. the last time i checked getting the quotation should be FOC but you may not get it on the spot as the techs might need to give the cam a full check to asses the damage to your cam.

not to worry oly staff will be more than willing to help you get your cam back in working order ;)

thanks. yeah i figured the repair assessment would take a while, gotta convince my boss to let me off for half a day from work

Looks frightening. Is it still functioning OK?

the vf alignment is totally off. live view still seems to work but i'm quite sure something is loose inside. not operating it for now to prevent further damage.

the panel just below the copy / print button is cracked along the seam, but it can't be seen in the pic

2250085833_05d8c5c2b2.jpg

wow.. look serious. hope ur cam get well soon.

Olympus typically has a flat charge for repairs, which is good when you have major repairs like this (there could be hidden damage say to the sensor assembly from the crash). Contact your local division to find out their rates.

Olympus typically has a flat charge for repairs, which is good when you have major repairs like this (there could be hidden damage say to the sensor assembly from the crash). Contact your local division to find out their rates.

that's really good news. hope Oly SG has the same repair rates policies. thanks mike!

Actually, you probably wouldn't like it as it didn't matter what was wrong with your camera, like say a broken on/off switch for instance...problem is to repair almost anything on the camera you have to take half the camera apart.

Olympus America doesn't post their prices online anymore, and it seems (for the better) that they look at each repair to see what's wrong and quote accordingly (which is more fair for all).

For instance, the last list I have is for 2003, and for the E-10 dSLR, a camera from 2000 that sold for $1950usd, the flat rate minimum cost was $395, and the overhaul (severe damge) was $735.

I hope that didn't scare you...like I said they should quote you an estimate before starting the repair.

Actually, you probably wouldn't like it as it didn't matter what was wrong with your camera, like say a broken on/off switch for instance...problem is to repair almost anything on the camera you have to take half the camera apart.

Olympus America doesn't post their prices online anymore, and it seems (for the better) that they look at each repair to see what's wrong and quote accordingly (which is more fair for all).

For instance, the last list I have is for 2003, and for the E-10 dSLR, a camera from 2000 that sold for $1950usd, the flat rate minimum cost was $395, and the overhaul (severe damge) was $735.

I hope that didn't scare you...like I said they should quote you an estimate before starting the repair.

thanks mike, great info to have. like micro said, i just hope that its only a exterior damage.

Looks like your viewfinder unit is gone too. My guess is your damage would run at least S$250-300. Hopefully they'll be kind enough to waive service charge if your camera is under warranty.

Looks like your viewfinder unit is gone too. My guess is your damage would run at least S$250-300. Hopefully they'll be kind enough to waive service charge if your camera is under warranty.

all the best with the repairs. :)

thanks guys. i'm hoping for the best too...

update 11 Feb

sent in for repair today, they quoted $165 for replacement of the top and rear panels. 2 - 3 weeks (no parts). they will do a full check and get back to me on the internals.

[headfonz;3766219]update 11 Feb

sent in for repair today, they quoted $165 for replacement of the top and rear panels. 2 - 3 weeks (no parts). they will do a full check and get back to me on the internals.

good news for you! consider cheap liao:)!

update 11 Feb

Doesn't seem too bad. :) Did they tell you what exactly needs to be replaced and stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.