Anyone know how to convert from Hi8 tape to CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shierly

Nov 11, 2004
Punggol
Hi all, i have a Canon Camcoder, those old type one. Anyone know how to convert from old Hi8 tape to CD format? Pls help. Thanks

Shierly said:
Hi all, i have a Canon Camcoder, those old type one. Anyone know how to convert from old Hi8 tape to CD format? Pls help. Thanks

Use a TV tuner card or equivalent and record into MPG or AVI on the computer. Then use your favourite CD burning software to burn into VCD format.

If you really want, drop me an sms at 9.7.4.5.0.6.5.1. Can probably lend you the card or do it for ya..

or u could pay about 20-30 dollars and get a shop to do it for u. :)
i can't really remember exact places, but i believe maybe some shops in funan/sls might offer this service..?

Depends lah.

If u got juz 1 tape, maybe can pay those shops to do it.

But if u wanna DIY, den get a ADVC box to do da conversion yourself. Cannopus one quite good it seems. :)

Buy the latest sofware. I was out shopping for software last 2 weeks. Intensive hunt of Challenger Funan, South Asia and SimLim Square.
Now the Roxio 7 or Ulead or Cyberlink PowerDVD or Nero 6 or 7?
Have the latest ability to let you load your tape digitally into the PC, then burn into your DVD.
DON'T SEND to a shop to do for you. They will rip you off.
The software you buy is yours forever.
And can do countless conversions.

ricohflex said:
Buy the latest sofware. I was out shopping for software last 2 weeks. Intensive hunt of Challenger Funan, South Asia and SimLim Square.
Now the Roxio 7 or Ulead or Cyberlink PowerDVD or Nero 6 or 7?
Have the latest ability to let you load your tape digitally into the PC, then burn into your DVD.
DON'T SEND to a shop to do for you. They will rip you off.
The software you buy is yours forever.
And can do countless conversions.

Using software? Nero also can? How to connect the Vcam to PC? If no connect, how to copy? Mine Vcam is those old type. i can connect to TV. but any other way to computer?

I know some shop provide such service but i doing for more than 10 tapes leh... Will be very expensive:(

connect dc to desktop..should be mostly by IEEE1394

if old type of tape..

1. send to shop to convert for just this once
2. next time use a dc that can connect to desktop

maybe firefox can help you.
interesting to learn from him too.
wonder if one of those snazzi or pinnacle video cards will help.
then you send to the pc and video edit and then burn in dvd.

do you think if the new type dvd recorder with harddisk can help
you send from your hi-8 cam to the dvd recorder hardisk, then burn it on the dvd in the dvd recorder.

Firefox said:
Use a TV tuner card or equivalent and record into MPG or AVI on the computer. Then use your favourite CD burning software to burn into VCD format.

If you really want, drop me an sms at 9.7.4.5.0.6.5.1. Can probably lend you the card or do it for ya..

Thanks. I remember that got one device come together with this Camcoder, which allow to capture from the video and print out the picture. I try to search for it. If not, i will SMS you. Thanks :)

ricohflex said:
maybe firefox can help you.
interesting to learn from him too.
wonder if one of those snazzi or pinnacle video cards will help.
then you send to the pc and video edit and then burn in dvd.

do you think if the new type dvd recorder with harddisk can help
you send from your hi-8 cam to the dvd recorder hardisk, then burn it on the dvd in the dvd recorder.

Thanks for ur suggestion. I think can, since i can play from TV,Plug in to TV and record it using DVD recorder. But i don't have DVD recorder:( :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.