Anyone Interested?! EF80-200 f2.8L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

Feb 27, 2002
Khon Kaen, Thailand
www.damianeva.org
Anyone? What would you offer?

Trying to see if I can raise enough money for a faster USM version...
I like the build quality and the colour (it's black!)

roughly how much it cost 2nd hand?

dun mind can pm me roughly how much are u looking for?

Romulus said:
Anyone? What would you offer?

Trying to see if I can raise enough money for a faster USM version...
I like the build quality and the colour (it's black!)

How old is this lens?

What's the condition of the lens optics as well as its exterior condition?

I am interested in a lens of that range.

Francis

In response to all the queries about the lens -

It is in extremely good shape externally as well as internally. The optics are very near mint. There are a few dust specks but that's about all (for an old lens!)

It comes with the tripod collar and it's been covered in gaffer tape (when I brought it to the US recently)

Given the responses, I'll up the RP a little to $1000

have personally used one copy of this lense to shoot a disco event. AFD focus is decent though not silky smooth as ring-USM but its a sharp lens wide open. handling/ergonomics etc all feels solid. its a good buyif u dont want 2 spend too much on current versions ^_^

Romulus said:
errr

coming to 3 or 4 yrs i think... i can't remember... :(

Hi, I was looking for this lens as a cheaper alternative to the 7-200mm f2.8L just months back at TCW, must thank a freelance pro who shoots using Canon and Leica as he pointed out Canon ceased production for the 80-200mm f2.8L some 11 years back. He also insisted that I should get warranty from TCW if I wanted to buy as he hear that repair might have problems due to no spare part available. Ask him how come he know so much, he say he used to own it oso. I end up buying the 70-200mm f4L instead for peace of mind. No regrets ever since.

Good for you to choose to upgrade, USM better

Status
Not open for further replies.