Anyone here own a Canon IXUS 850 IS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekiang

Jan 15, 2007
Yo,

anyone here own a Canon IXUS 850 IS? Maybe we can share the joy of taking pictures using this compact?

Btw i am new here and I am new to digital photography. Hope i can learn more from pple who have passion for digital photography here.

Happy shooting.....pictures!

CK
Canon IXUS 850 IS

There should be quite a few users here bah. The camera has been the most popular on CNet asia for quite a few months liao. Anyway, there's also a dedicated flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/64421451@N00/

If you guessed it, yes, I'm an owner as well. Hur hur. Love the cam but I only use it for casual/social snap shots since it's easy to bring around.

hi

so glad to hear from you. never know that there is such a group exist. thanks.

i find the camera great for casual/social taking...if really wana take great pics like professiona shot have to get a better one...a pity just bought this pic so have to wait till i got money to get myself a dslr....do you own one? can recommend?

Yeah, the Ixus is rather limiting for serious shooting due to the lack of manual controls. I'm using a Canon 20D (see my profile for more details). If you're in the market for a Canon DSLR i suggest you wait till after PMA when Canon should be announcing some new models. :)

My friend bought it and I played with it a while

my comments are as follows:

Pro
- 28mm wide angle
- light and portable
- good closeup

Con
- no battery indicator
- no EXIF data on LCD
- AUTO ISO cannot tell the actual ISO value from PC

hi,

I heard that Comex 2007 is at August. Hope can get a dSLR...anyone can recommend any model?

Anyway what should we look for in a dSLR?

CK

Status
Not open for further replies.