Anyone has read Ron-Reznick's ebook? Any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard good things about it as well, but at US$75 for an ebook - a little too pricey.

Get the book. It's expensive but worth it. That is if you already know how to take photos and want instructions on how post processing (PP) can make your best shots even better. :thumbsup:

The book is 104 pages long and consist of two short sections on metering and composition and a number of very detailed sections on PP, mostly with Nikon Capture. There's a shot section on the use of CS Raw but it's really amazing what this guy can do with Nikon Capture. :sweat: All his examples are detailed with diagrams and beautiful photos so you know exactly what he's talking about.

If you're looking for advanced techniques for PP, this is the book for you. If on the other hand you're looking for a book on photography techniques, look elsewhere.

thanks for the feedback deadpixel. Ya i realise that he doesnot cover photography techniques much but really covers on extensively post processing. but at USD 75 (not inclusive of shipping.), it is costly to buy without serious consideration.

btw, i presume you have bought a copy? How's the shipping cost like and how long does it take?

Thanks again.

If I remember correctly, shipping is included in that price. I asked him about it and he said that he earns less when shipping to overseas addresses but that it saves him the hassle of calculating shipping to different parts of the world. It took about 9 days to get here.

It is expensive but people who have attended his workshops in the US come away singing his praises.

redsin said:
thanks for the feedback deadpixel. Ya i realise that he doesnot cover photography techniques much but really covers on extensively post processing. but at USD 75 (not inclusive of shipping.), it is costly to buy without serious consideration.

btw, i presume you have bought a copy? How's the shipping cost like and how long does it take?

Thanks again.

I have the book and its value for money as far as I am concerned. Ron is also great to deal with. I would highly recommend his book if you wish to take your photography to another level ... but you have to work on it... as Ron wrote to me .. practice! :) Post-processing part is very detailed and you get to work with good sized images.

I received confirmation from Ron almost immediately after paying through PayPal. It was shipped the next day and arrived a week later.

Ron's workshops are highly regarded. Now assuming we could get someone of his calibre to come to Singapore, how much would CS members be willing to pay, say for a 3-day workshop? I would be very interested to know.

Sree

Ron's book is a highly informative source for photographers regardless of skill/experience. While for most part of this book is on Nikon Capture, Ron's emphasis in teaching the art of identifying, executing proper exposure is a valuable asset to many.

Sree said:
Ron's workshops are highly regarded. Now assuming we could get someone of his calibre to come to Singapore, how much would CS members be willing to pay, say for a 3-day workshop? I would be very interested to know.
Sree
That's a very interesting question Sree. I understand that Ron's charge is about US$1000 per day for a group of no more than ten photographers.

Well, I think it is time for me to break the suspense. :D

We have been in contact with Ron Reznick for quite a while and are happy to say that we are currently in the planning stage of an event that comprises of talks and workshop by the man himself.

There is an enormous amount of work going on behind the scene, but in the meantime, we will like to hear input from fellow members of ClubSNAP.

Any thoughts you might have pertaining to Ron's Singapore workshop? Fire away ... ! ;)

Wow! the worksshop would be great! I think you should post this under a separate thread for all to see!

:cheergal: :cheergal: :cheergal:

I think it would be great if we could get Ron into Singapore to conduct a workshop. I for one would be willing to pay good money to attend such a workshop.

Adiemus said:
Wow! the worksshop would be great! I think you should post this under a separate thread for all to see!

Once we are done with this Sun JBP outing we will.

This is only the begining of a series of goodies we have line up for members here for the rest of this year and next. :cool:

Isn't it great to be part of this forum :vhappy: :cheergal:

Excellent work guys! :thumbsup: :cheergal:

just don't know if I can afford the fees :hung:

chngpe01 said:
Once we are done with this Sun JBP outing we will.

This is only the begining of a series of goodies we have line up for members here for the rest of this year and next.

Isn't it great to be part of this forum

I have read that eBook.
and IMHO ... if you are not keen on studying the underlying technology of DSLR ... its not worth the $$$.
+ if you have played around with Nikon Capture for a fair bit [ around 1000 postprocessed images with different condition], you already know what he is talking about.

But if you are new to digital technology post processing ... it worth every cents :D

Status
Not open for further replies.