Anyone got their NEX5n?

I would suggest to wait for local sets as they could be here within these 1-2 weeks.

I see no reason to rush into buying it. In fact from what i have seen, this time round hk price is not really that cheap as compared to last time.
HOPE IS THIS WEEK.... lolz..

I am sure they will find a solution for it as mega pixels cannot go on forever.

Of course as a consumer, I also do not wish this goes on forever....but sadly, I would think this will be endless.

DR, Noise, Image Quality on the whole is pretty much subjective as you can't really put a number to it, what's noisy for you maybe ok for me. So in order to justify to management that company is always improving and making money, the only number they can show is MP, of course at the same time not making image quality worse. As long as it stays close or equal, I think it's a accomplishment already.

I would suggest to wait for local sets as they could be here within these 1-2 weeks.

I see no reason to rush into buying it. In fact from what i have seen, this time round hk price is not really that cheap as compared to last time.

hmm.. but looking at malaysia retail price $2,999 ringgit. it will be around $1250 sing dollar when released? so now, hk price is still 300 cheaper.. i guess paying $300 for warranty but if you plan to buy grey set, it doesnt matter much anyway..

wonder if i can convert it here in SIngapore? Coz friend buying for me. SO very lay chay to ask him to go service centre for me

No. Cannot convert here.

nto buying it. In fact from what i have seen, this time round hk price is not really that cheap as compared to last time.

That's just because it's the current mad early bird rush. Prices will drop after a month.

rasdeep said:
hmm.. but looking at malaysia retail price $2,999 ringgit. it will be around $1250 sing dollar when released? so now, hk price is still 300 cheaper.. i guess paying $300 for warranty but if you plan to buy grey set, it doesnt matter much anyway..

Thats retail price. Is the hk one retail or street price? Street price is lesser than retail.

:)how much do u spend? For just body or kits??

$1250 is abit ex... hop it not cost moret than $1150

anyone know how to assign MF assist to button on top right of LCD? annoying to press below leh....

Top button cannot be assigned if I'm not wrong. Anyway, with 5N, just tap on the screen and the MF assist will zoom in on that part. Very effective!

Any idea if the touchscreen is capacitive or resistive? :D

$1250 is abit ex... hop it not cost moret than $1150

Nex5N is listed HKD4,990 (www.sony.com.hk) given street price is 10% cheaper, it could be HKD4,500 from the shop.
convert at SGD/HKD = 6.30, Nex5N is approx. SGD720 ??!!! OMG. So cheap..?

i reckon will be 1.1k at least

Nex5N is listed HKD4,990 (www.sony.com.hk) given street price is 10% cheaper, it could be HKD4,500 from the shop.

hkd4990 is body only la

4990hkd is for body only, 5990hkd with single kit lens, 6990hkd double lens.. the malaysia price of 2999 ringit is with double lens (~$1250 sing after conversion) so i dont think singapore will be too far off from that price.

source:
http://www.sonystyle.com.hk/ss/product/alpha/nex5n/index.jsp
http://www.sony.com.my/product/nex-5nd

I'm currently in Taipei and they are selling the Nex5N with twin lens for about ~S$1150.

Nex5N has been launched in sgp today and appeared at Sony SGP website, so it could be here anytime soon.

Now Sony SGP website showing their NEX-5N.
But :( cause there's no white 5N ... only black and silver ... :(

x0tiq said:
Now Sony SGP website showing their NEX-5N.
But :( cause there's no white 5N ... only black and silver ... :(

Black, silver and white are available. Pls check the website again.