Anyone got their NEX5n?

I have some sample shots from the NEX-5N and Zeiss 24mm F1.8, shot wide open:

6133586244_069a4253af_z.jpg

6136780423_11f52d53a6_z.jpg

6133045531_dd1c75184a_z.jpg

6133595880_97990661eb_z.jpg

whats the expected list price for the 24mm f1.8 here eventually?

I have some sample shots from the NEX-5N and Zeiss 24mm F1.8, shot wide open:
thanks for sharing, very nice indeed.
do you know the selling price?

One key difference between the NEX7 and A77 is that there is a pellicle mirror siphoning some of the light in the A77, while there isn't in the NEX7

i presume nex7 will have slightly better high iso performance since the pellicle mirror takes away about 30% lights.

i would definitely get the 7 if it has the 5n sensor cos 24mp is way too much for daily use, need faster / more storage memory card to keep up, faster computer to process the pics. it is good to have the 24mp once in a while (for shots that you actually need the resolution) but the size of RAW file (30ish MB per pic) seriously turns me away so i will give the A77/nex7 a pass

Yes got play with it..The EVF for NEX 5N is the same OLED viewfinder as use in the coming NEX-7, A77 and A65..

As for the New A-mount to E-mount (model LA-EA2 adapter if i not wrong) is a whole new concept by having a SLT mirror in the Adaptor to assist us in our fast auto focus..regardless of the lens got SAM/SSM..I can tell u it way better than the old A-mount to E-mount adaptor..Shown u some photo below..
Any availability date and price info on this?

rasdeep said:
i presume nex7 will have slightly better high iso performance since the pellicle mirror takes away about 30% lights.

i would definitely get the 7 if it has the 5n sensor cos 24mp is way too much for daily use, need faster / more storage memory card to keep up, faster computer to process the pics. it is good to have the 24mp once in a while (for shots that you actually need the resolution) but the size of RAW file (30ish MB per pic) seriously turns me away so i will give the A77/nex7 a pass

Honesty, you will have to pass all future cameras then since Nikon will use this new 24mp sensor in their upcoming cameras and Canon is also preparing a 20+mp sensor as well.

There will only be continuous increase in mp, sad but its the way how these companies going to show their kPi to shareholders and consumer's perception of upgrade. But i guess the newer manufacturing technique makes up for it.

Much like intel processer, though it generates more heat on each generation of faster chip, the way to control it is to improve the manufacturing process which i believe its pretty much same for most chip/sensor makers.

Last edited:

1/3 stop is NOT 30%....

cannot tahan...ordering from HK...

Hi bennyb - Any idea whether any warranty problems if buy from HK? Does it have international warranty? Thanks!

not so sure about warranty...
if can get local set better la

Hi bennyb - Any idea whether any warranty problems if buy from HK? Does it have international warranty? Thanks!

As will all previous "buying from HK" threads, you need to bring the unit to SonyStyle HK, they'll convert the warranty to 12 months SG warranty.

IN July i went to HK n ask for C3. THEY DONT have international warrenty.

IN July i went to HK n ask for C3. THEY DONT have international warrenty.

Correct, you have to convert it to a specific country. Sony has always been like this.

wonder if i can convert it here in SIngapore? Coz friend buying for me. SO very lay chay to ask him to go service centre for me

hk$5780 for zoom kit. free 8gb sony card and screen protectir

bennyb said:
wonder if i can convert it here in SIngapore? Coz friend buying for me. SO very lay chay to ask him to go service centre for me

I would suggest to wait for local sets as they could be here within these 1-2 weeks.

I see no reason to rush into buying it. In fact from what i have seen, this time round hk price is not really that cheap as compared to last time.

Honesty, you will have to pass all future cameras then since Nikon will use this new 24mp sensor in their upcoming cameras and Canon is also preparing a 20+mp sensor as well.

There will only be continuous increase in mp, sad but its the way how these companies going to show their kPi to shareholders and consumer's perception of upgrade. But i guess the newer manufacturing technique makes up for it.

Much like intel processer, though it generates more heat on each generation of faster chip, the way to control it is to improve the manufacturing process which i believe its pretty much same for most chip/sensor makers.

I am sure they will find a solution for it as mega pixels cannot go on forever.