Anyone got the Nikon S500 Compact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rurouni

Jan 4, 2005
www.lightwerks.net
Looking around for a cheap Point n Shoot to replace my old Canon A70 that finally went kaput.

The Nikon S500 seems to have pretty interesting specs, VR plus up to ISO2000 and very tiny. Has anyone tried it yet? I'm deciding b/t this, the ixus70(no IS) and maybe a Pentax A series

Thanks!

hi i just got this digicam yesterday. its very light & small! the VR's really good but the face priority's a little slow. ISO(for me) is usable up to 400 & then from then onwards it'll become very grainy already. i'll post more when i play with this baby more. but i must stress on how light this camera really is!

hi i just got this digicam yesterday. its very light & small! the VR's really good but the face priority's a little slow. ISO(for me) is usable up to 400 & then from then onwards it'll become very grainy already. i'll post more when i play with this baby more. but i must stress on how light this camera really is!

Hi Renegade, cool, can you post some pics? Its a really nice little cam, size wise the only other cameras (that I know of) in this current gen are the Ixus 70(no IS) and the Pentax A30 (not out yet I think)

I tried it for a while today at a shop, and could get it to display the shutter speed during shooting mode, does it display that? Or did I accidentally set it to full-auto mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.