Anyone going for the National Stadium closing ceremony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how?
Anyone wants to join me for this?
So what time are you going? Must be seated by 3pm or not?

I will be there....Look out for me...:angel:

Can someone tell me what time the program starts?
I don't wanna go so early can? cos the early part of the program is boring.

Wow.... the sun is out in full force!

Gonna be hot before sunset today.

Might be going around 6+pm.

the Lights Out "party" is till 3 am, but i wonder anyone still there now?

blessed are those who did not go for the fireworks... it was very bad... :sweat:

I was one of the early birds with the $40 tickets.

I am adding into this chat;

1. The event organiser was poor in deploying sign postings. Early birds left wondering around outside the stadium, don't know which enterence, where to enter the stadium - under the scorching sun. The seats for the different tickets type are not marked.
2. Poor crowd control inside the stadium. People in the other ticket areas floods into the $40 ticket area. The poor CISCO guards tried very hard in checking the tickets, they finally gave up checking after the football matches.
3. The barrier between the other ticket area and the $40 ticket area was only a rafia string, tied between 2 plastic chairs. The plastic chairs was push over several times due to the crowd, the chairs dropped onto my wife and my head 5 times. Worse, this barrier was only setup much later when the crowd began to form.
4. Poor erection of the lighting beams on the running track. The beams block the view of the people in the $40 ticket area, cannot even see Kit Chan when she sings on the temp stage
5. Pathetic fireworks. Only a few spits.
6. What I saw was many people grumble about the location of the $40 seats. They though their seats are in the grand stand with the shelter. There are several parents who brought their infants into the stadium with a pram, I guess these babies might have been 'cooked' by the hot sun. Pay so much still have to go under the hot sun for several hours. Very bad.

In general, the organiser has severely under-estimated the crowd size thus causes the confusion. What a mess! I have not even mention the F&B part...

The "girls and boys" ushers are...errh..directionless....stood there in gangs most of them and chatting and giggling..

one ang-moh cute boy (about 5 years old) politely ask for a "long balloon" thingy from a young gal usher, SHE SHOUT BACK at the poor boy "NO!!!!". Poor boy scrambled away, indeed frightened.

I gave a "unapproval" look at the gal, the gal noticed and bor-chap turned away...

hmmm....so much so for professionalism and image of a "Sing....rean"..

I was one of the early birds with the $40 tickets.

I am adding into this chat;

1. The event organiser was poor in deploying sign postings. Early birds left wondering around outside the stadium, don't know which enterence, where to enter the stadium - under the scorching sun. The seats for the different tickets type are not marked.
2. Poor crowd control inside the stadium. People in the other ticket areas floods into the $40 ticket area. The poor CISCO guards tried very hard in checking the tickets, they finally gave up checking after the football matches.
3. The barrier between the other ticket area and the $40 ticket area was only a rafia string, tied between 2 plastic chairs. The plastic chairs was push over several times due to the crowd, the chairs dropped onto my wife and my head 5 times. Worse, this barrier was only setup much later when the crowd began to form.
4. Poor erection of the lighting beams on the running track. The beams block the view of the people in the $40 ticket area, cannot even see Kit Chan when she sings on the temp stage
5. Pathetic fireworks. Only a few spits.
6. What I saw was many people grumble about the location of the $40 seats. They though their seats are in the grand stand with the shelter. There are several parents who brought their infants into the stadium with a pram, I guess these babies might have been 'cooked' by the hot sun. Pay so much still have to go under the hot sun for several hours. Very bad.

In general, the organiser has severely under-estimated the crowd size thus causes the confusion. What a mess! I have not even mention the F&B part...

i was pretty disappointed in the effort taken to think up the programs. it was a feeling of being "cheated" cuz the entire show didn't bring a feeling of the place closing down. the fireworks, supposingly (grand) to mark the closing b4 the party, was really "budget" imho.. suddenly fire and just ended abruptly. in fact when trying to capture them, i was like "har?! finish liao ah". the entire event was like rushed thru and using a footage to reminiscise the old days is not working for me. in fact, i found the jets / chinhooks / airborne in the evening for the ndp rehearsal taking my attention away!

sigh. a dishonourable way to honour the stadium :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.