Anyone familiar with Polaroid and Fujifilm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

couleur

Nov 12, 2006
KUL, MYS
I need to purchase these before next year. But I am not familiar with film, can anyone help me? It says...

7. Studio Imaging Specifics (Essential – must be purchased by week two)

Option 1 – if available

Polaroid film back for 4”X5” camera Type 405. For this film back you need to purchase Polaroid Film Type 664, ISO 200 (2X10 sheets/box).

Option 2

FujiFilm PA-45 Film Holder for 4”x5” Instant Peel-Apart Film. For this film back you need to purchase FujiFilm FP-100C45 Instant Colour Print Film (10 sheets/pack) ISO 100, 4X5” and a Colour Conversion Filter, Type Cokin Z-Pro Series 80A Blue, 100mmX100mm.

Option 3 – if available

Polaroid Film, Type 54, Black & White, for 4’X5” Sheet Film Holder (20 sheets/box). You don’t need to purchase the film holder.

Do they mean that I should purchase only one Option? They havent replied my email...

What is this? Polaroid film back for 4”X5” camera Type 405.

Do I need to purchase a 4x5 camera in order to use this film?

Is the film holder necessary for all items above?

Which is the cheapest option to go for?

Does cathay has all the above?

Thank you.

Dont think they asked to purchase a 4x5 camera. Btw, which option is the cheapest to go?

Dont think they asked to purchase a 4x5 camera. Btw, which option is the cheapest to go?
the 4x5 Polaroid film back (film holder) is universal, can use 4x5 Polaroid film or 4x5 instant film.

and the 4x5 Polaroid film back is use on 4x5 camera, if you don't have 4x5 camera, than see you able find any camera able to accept 4x5 sheet film holder, also able to accept 4x5 Polaroid film back.

m not looking forward to spend a fortune on film. Other forum suggested me to go for Option 1... btw, i dont need to purchase a 4x5 camera. They will supply. :)

btw is the type 54 better in terms of pricing because it says i dont need a film holder. ... which i assume film holder is pretty expensive?

You need film back to use with the instant film, the film can't use by it self, just like a you need a sheet film holder to load a 4x5 sheet film into it.

btw, option 1, Polaroid film back for 4”X5” camera Type 405 is not using truth 4x5 instant film, the images area is much smaller than 4x5, the film is same those use on instant film back on 120 format camera, so is easier to get, and cheaper.

option 2, the film back is using truth 4x5 instant film, film is almost double the price of option 1 film, and hard to get.

and option 3, I guess they will supply or let you use their film holder, this film holder is actually the quick load film holder, but all the Polaroid instant film able to use on this film hold is already discontinued long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.