Anyone compare the old version B+W and new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

freecloud

Dec 9, 2005
Had anyone compared the old versions of B+W and the new versions?

I heard that the new ones are made of aluminium and the glasses are thinner.

Sounds the thinner glass is better than old ones', however, the aluminium might degrade the built quality.

Which type is worth more if the price are the same?

OT :

bought a 67mm few days ago from CP... previously buy my B+W all have MRC written on the filter itself. the new 1 i bought does not have the MRC written... is there 2 version of the filter?

If they have really gone down in quality then it's really not worth it esp since they are more expensive now. The brass rings are one of the reasons why I choose B+W over Hoya.

There are non-MRC versions of the filter. Did you accidentally get the wrong type?

If they have really gone down in quality then it's really not worth it esp since they are more expensive now. The brass rings are one of the reasons why I choose B+W over Hoya.

There are non-MRC versions of the filter. Did you accidentally get the wrong type?

siao liao... can go change anot? :cry:

Ya, MRC version suppose to have MRC written on the Filter ring... :think:

How to verify if its aluminium or brass without destroying the filter?? :dunno:

The appearance must be different. Heard that the new version doesnot have words at the inner of the ring.

I think can feel by weight. Hoyas are alum if i'm not wrong and they are pretty light. B+Ws with the brass rings of the same thread size feel much heavier.

How about the price between old and new B+W filter? I haven't see the aluminum one. Does it have same construction like the brass one?

For the MRC coating, maybe can check by comparing the old one and new one in angled light. Also, put fingerprint and clean it up with microfiber cloth :sweat: .

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.