Anybody here takes supplement to improve memory and mental alertness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rOnGrEn

Jan 8, 2005
Hougang
Just wondering.. anybody here takes any health supplements to improve your memory and mental alertness? Do those things actually work? stuffs like Gingko Biloba?and maybe.. Essence of chicken?

Exams are coming and cant seem to get the things inside my tiny brain... :embrass: (not to mention the distraction from CS everynight.. :bsmilie: )..feeling mentally tired from all the work and wonder if these supplements actually help?..

Just relax a bit. Your punch will be fast and strong if you hand,palm,arm is in relax state. :) Too much stress and rush just make you forget more.
To answer your question, i don't find it help much , for me may be

In the good old days, the 'black chicken soup' is excellent tonic. Now equivalent is Essence of Chicken.
But the concept and understanding is wrong.
Present "black chicken soup" is like cooking the chicken which is fed with Chicken feed with Preservative which is highly bad for body, when we cook black chicken, we actually extract the preservative and drink it!? And we say that is good!?

If you really want supplement then please look for pure vegetable/herbal supplement.Not only must be vegetable/herbal based, it must be also concentrated, extracted the best etc and not just simply mixed the herbal ![Most products in market is in this form!]

OK ?

get american ginseng from chinese medical hall.

remember no tea or coffee after drinking ginseng

:thumbsup:

Just wondering.. anybody here takes any health supplements to improve your memory and mental alertness? Do those things actually work? stuffs like Gingko Biloba?and maybe.. Essence of chicken?

Exams are coming and cant seem to get the things inside my tiny brain... :embrass: (not to mention the distraction from CS everynight.. :bsmilie: )..feeling mentally tired from all the work and wonder if these supplements actually help?..

because your are stupid? lol , just joking, check this out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mgthqV47yM

redbull helps :p lotsa caffine.

One local brand of chicken essence advertised (advertises?) with a primary school kid proclaiming "thanks to XXX chicken essence, I can stay awake longer".

Lack of sleep is a major cause of lack of concentration and affects mental capability. Cramming before examinations at the expense of sleep is counterproductive.

I'm not sure what field you want to study for, but generally it's much easier to understand something than to memorize it in all its variations.

One local brand of chicken essence advertised (advertises?) with a primary school kid proclaiming "thanks to XXX chicken essence, I can stay awake longer".

Lack of sleep is a major cause of lack of concentration and affects mental capability. Cramming before examinations at the expense of sleep is counterproductive.

I'm not sure what field you want to study for, but generally it's much easier to understand something than to memorize it in all its variations.

can't agree with u more... i remembered i always slept damm early before exam... no point cramping... in the end will have too much info to "decrypt" from the brain... :confused:

some say ...what you eat... will enhance what parts you have...

so go try pig's brain:bsmilie:

Agree with earlier posts
sufficient sleep and exercise would help

Status
Not open for further replies.