Any Ricoh GX100 user out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys

Thanks for suggestion, I have just picked up my GX100 from TK Foto for $820.;)

Are you saving in RAW? Having a high-speed card will reduce the write-time significantly.

no. it was in JPG format. 3648x2735 pixels. my SD card is not high speed one. comes bundled with the one from MS Color. but i just felt it's weird cuz it too unusually long to write.

Hi Guys

That is a great price. Are the wide angle adaptor, EVF, leather pouch and SD card included for this price?

That is a great price. Are the wide angle adaptor, EVF, leather pouch and SD card included for this price?

No, that should be for the VF-1 kit only. Well, maybe they throw in a SD card.

Hi Guys

Does it come with the wide angle converter and angle eye piece? John 3:16 just quoted me $840 this afternoon. But I did not ask what does it comes with.

Does it come with the wide angle converter and angle eye piece? John 3:16 just quoted me $840 this afternoon. But I did not ask what does it comes with.

That is only the VF-1 kit which includes the electronic view finder, I am very sure. To get the adapter tube and wide conversion lens, you will need to pay around additional $200.

Just got the basic kit from TK Foto...

r0010019kz7.jpg

Yeah!

SD card and Wide angle adaptor are not included.

the same for my gx100. got mine from MS. if you shoot 4secs u will need to wait another 4secs for the photo to be processed and then another 1 or 2 sec for write. if you shoot 8secs then u will need to wait another 8, if 30 means another 30 and so on..... according to another flickr friend from japan, his GRD and GX100 also takes this long. so i dun think anything is wrong with your cam but a flaw with Ricoh's processor. Try to live with it ; ) i kinda like the waiting. gives me time to think and take a longer look at the scene haha

the same for my gx100. got mine from MS. if you shoot 4secs u will need to wait another 4secs for the photo to be processed and then another 1 or 2 sec for write. if you shoot 8secs then u will need to wait another 8, if 30 means another 30 and so on..... according to another flickr friend from japan, his GRD and GX100 also takes this long. so i dun think anything is wrong with your cam but a flaw with Ricoh's processor. Try to live with it ; ) i kinda like the waiting. gives me time to think and take a longer look at the scene haha

thanks. assuring to know that it's not a problem with my GX100. it's something i can live with. cheers ;p

Yes this is irritating. i presume some kind of noise reduction in the camera is doing the job... like Canon Dslrs it takes the same amount of time when you activate the noise reduction in custom functions

Yes this is irritating. i presume some kind of noise reduction in the camera is doing the job... like Canon Dslrs it takes the same amount of time when you activate the noise reduction in custom functions
Yep,
it's taking a black frame to remove the noise.
Written in the manual.

Would getting a faster SD card help reduce the time slightly?

maybe we should organise a gathering for gx100 user to share experience on using this camera. how about this coming saturday or sunday at arab street off beach road. any suggestion?

maybe we should organise a gathering for gx100 user to share experience on using this camera. how about this coming saturday or sunday at arab street off beach road. any suggestion?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
vote for sunday around 4pm onwards ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.