Any reliable source to repair EM1 beside the Service centre.

Hong Jia

Feb 28, 2004
My set having problems again. It had the same problem when it was in warranty, now out of warranty need to find a reliable source that can help to repair or see if it is a loose contact.

The mode 1, 2 lever beside the view finder is acting up again, the mode 2 sometimes can be engaged, sometimes cannot, sometimes engage, tilt a bit it disengage. I used mode 2 so that in aperture mode, I can quick switch my white balance and iso with front and rear dial which cannot be customise to mode 1. Grrrrrr.

Call up Olympus Service centre, the minimum servicing charge for EM1 is 100 dollars excluding parts and gst. Any reliable shop that I can go to for above repair?

My set having problems again. It had the same problem when it was in warranty, now out of warranty need to find a reliable source that can help to repair or see if it is a loose contact.

The mode 1, 2 lever beside the view finder is acting up again, the mode 2 sometimes can be engaged, sometimes cannot, sometimes engage, tilt a bit it disengage. I used mode 2 so that in aperture mode, I can quick switch my white balance and iso with front and rear dial which cannot be customise to mode 1. Grrrrrr.

Call up Olympus Service centre, the minimum servicing charge for EM1 is 100 dollars excluding parts and gst. Any reliable shop that I can go to for above repair?

Try fatigue, David?