Any Recommendation on dry cabinets....

Status
Not open for further replies.

unity58

Oct 14, 2003
Hi guys I had just bought a mju300.......and hence this is my precious since it so expensive may I know is teher any gd recommedations for dry cabinets?? I only know of these few brands.......digicabi, ampro and bossmen......hence anyone out there can advise me??

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys I had just bought a mju300.......and hence this is my precious since it so expensive may I know is teher any gd recommedations for dry cabinets?? I only know of these few brands.......digicabi, ampro and bossmen......hence anyone out there can advise me??

Thanks in advance!

unity58 said:

Thanks in advance!

All u need is really an airtight container (any will do). But if u really want something better then step into a camera shop and buy those small ones that come with a dehumidifier. These are rectangular and open from the top. There is an electronic dehumidifier inside to remove moisture. U need to leave it on 24/7 but consumption of electricity is minimal. This kindof dry boxes are relatively cheap. Saves space too sinceu have a small P&S compact. And add some silica gel into the container as well lor. This will be good enough!

Hope this helps

Please do not cross post in multiple sections of the forum

:)

unity58 said:

Thanks in advance!

Bought a Digi-Cabi from Carrefour. Its working fine. No problems at all.

I'm using a small Bossmen purchased from MS Color.. so far so good. In my opinion, amongst the budget brands like digicab, ampro and bossmen, the bossmen is generally of better build quality.

stk said:
I'm using a small Bossmen purchased from MS Color.. so far so good. In my opinion, amongst the budget brands like digicab, ampro and bossmen, the bossmen is generally of better build quality.

IMO, they are all about the same....

kiwitan said:
Digi-Cabi is not bad. Used to have one ... even the analogue hydrometer's reading matches the digital hydrometer's.

I dun know what sort of digital hydrometer u use but unless the sensor is substantially more sensitive, there will not be any difference in the precision or accuracy of the moisture level reading from the analogue. Especially if they are essentially using the same class of sensors... It just means one of them uses a digital readout. But I take your statement to mean that the digital hydrometer should be more accurate. But then is it simply because it is digital or because it has a higher rated sensitivity? In which case, then the matching of the analogue hydrometers' readout to that of the digital one would mean that the Digi-Cabi comes with a decent hydrometer...... :)

Just bought a 50L Everone from Carrefour for $99.

The dehumifier is from Digi-cabi and the box is made in Singapore (i guess).

Looks like old model of Digi-Cabi (w analogue meter).

Status
Not open for further replies.