Any one switched from canon to nikon and regretted??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm puzzled by your avatar. surely nikon has some strength to hold its market over other brands. how about nikon's build and nikkor's glass?

well then again. Someone is obviously famous for her brilliant low-witted sarcasm.

aiya.

Give me any type of camera, I can shoot good pictures for you one.

Pinhole camera also can.

Now. That is PROfessional PHOTOGRAPHY -- capturing the image.

well then again. Someone is obviously famous for his brilliant low-witted sarcasm.

aiya.

Give me any type of camera, I can shoot good pictures for you one.

Pinhole camera also can.

Now. That is PROfessional PHOTOGRAPHY -- capturing the image.

you must have been bloody awesome! my majesty

its an honour to have you grace this thread with your presence. :angel:

Things I don't like :-
1) 17-35L - simply sux
2) 16-35L - simple sux more
3) 17-40L - best of the 3 but sux when compared to AF-S 17-35.

care to explain this part?

you must have been bloody awesome! my majesty

its an honour to have you grace this thread with your presence. :angel:

So am I, taking time of my busy schedule to do so...

:angel:

Thanks for your kind compliments. I wouldn't mind taking a feather out of one's hat every now and then.

why cant you guys stop dising each other's system and ans his question lol

hi would like to find out anyone switched from a canon dslr system to a nikon one and has regretted doing so??.. if so wats the reason leh??..

I did that in 2004 Feb from a 10D to a D2h and I regretted.

Nikon has got a great flash system (better than Canon's), great metering and the AF on the D2h was superb.

However, when it comes to IQ for pics > ISO 400. It just could not match up to the Canon CMOS.

The D2h sensor's ISO 200 was brilliant, produces very vibrant colours. However, beyond ISO 800, it loses detail, has too much noise . ISO 1600 was near unusable.

I moved back to Canon Dec 2004 and never looked back since.

Both can do a wonderful job. But frankly, from my own experience, Canon still has better overall image quality as I shoot a lot of Hi-ISO, available light stuff.

Canon works for me but not everyone has the same opinion. Since you asked, I gave my own experience.

Frankly, what matters is the $ you get from assignments and competitions that matter at the end of the day.

I did that in 2004 Feb from a 10D to a D2h and I regretted.

Nikon has got a great flash system (better than Canon's), great metering and the AF on the D2h was superb.

However, when it comes to IQ for pics > ISO 400. It just could not match up to the Canon CMOS.

The D2h sensor's ISO 200 was brilliant, produces very vibrant colours. However, beyond ISO 800, it loses detail, has too much noise . ISO 1600 was near unusable.

I moved back to Canon Dec 2004 and never looked back since.

Both can do a wonderful job. But frankly, from my own experience, Canon still has better overall image quality as I shoot a lot of Hi-ISO, available light stuff.

Canon works for me but not everyone has the same opinion. Since you asked, I gave my own experience.

Frankly, what matters is the $ you get from assignments and competitions that matter at the end of the day.

Hahaha...was trying to show my student what noise is at high ISO, so I shoot using my 5D with room light at ISO 3200....result? I can't really show the noise to them....at ISO3200 the noise produce by the 5D was not significant enough to show up via LCD projector. I was amazed myself!

hi would like to find out anyone switched from a canon dslr system to a nikon one and has regretted doing so??.. if so wats the reason leh??..

hihi.... didn't you use to use minolta system?

now you've switched to canon and thinking of switching to nikon?

don't mean to offend, but all three are very capable systems more than able to meet the requirements of amateur photogs. isn't there some way of getting the results you need from the system you already have?

Suddenly I remember there is a master of all system here...--->> Ze???? :bsmilie:
From Pana, N, KM, C, P...and more??? ;p

Suddenly I remember there is a master of all system here...--->> Ze???? :bsmilie:
From Pana, N, KM, C, P...and more??? ;p

Yes the Master of Curve

Hahaha...was trying to show my student what noise is at high ISO, so I shoot using my 5D with room light at ISO 3200....result? I can't really show the noise to them....at ISO3200 the noise produce by the 5D was not significant enough to show up via LCD projector. I was amazed myself!

Yup. The 5D is one stop better in noise at 1600 and 3200 over the 1Dmk2.

I shot most of my pics in my last wedding assignment with ambient lighting at ISO 1600 on the 5D because the brightest lens aperture for me is only a f2.8. Very nice pics I feel. If I had an f1.4 or f2, I could shoot at ISO 800 or slower....how nice that will be. I would not shoot many ISO1600 with the 1d2.

Very interesting. Would you mind to post a sample pic here for us to see?

Yup. The 5D is one stop better in noise at 1600 and 3200 over the 1Dmk2.

I shot most of my pics in my last wedding assignment with ambient lighting at ISO 1600 on the 5D because the brightest lens aperture for me is only a f2.8. Very nice pics I feel. If I had an f1.4 or f2, I could shoot at ISO 800 or slower....how nice that will be. I would not shoot many ISO1600 with the 1d2.

King of noise control is Canon!

wah after all that i read, i think canon and nikon CEOs very happy with the competition they are engaging from the consumers. Perhaps one day like posb n dbs merge, we have Ninon cameras from both sides. Utilising both technology, both R&D teams working hand in hand, they bring out the best of both world, showcasing the new camera Ninon BTH1000 :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Maybe someday we will see Ca and Ni will Merge ...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.