Any one switched from canon to nikon and regretted??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm puzzled by your avatar. surely nikon has some strength to hold its market over other brands. how about nikon's build and nikkor's glass?

i think he was just kidding, reverse psychology.

Switched over from Canon to Nikon totally for more than half a year. Regret ? Not really. Each system has their own pros and cons. Just somesort find the nikon pictures more vibrant than canon although Canon has better noise control on their CMOS. I only missed the Canon 300mm F/4 IS which Nikon do not have VR on their 300mm f/4 budget prime lens. ;p

yea.. this is really flame bait.
but i cant resist.

i would give you an honest answer if i could but honestly, idont konw anyone who has even switched in the first place.. let alone switched and regretted

i'm puzzled by your avatar. surely nikon has some strength to hold its market over other brands. how about nikon's build and nikkor's glass?

Haha dude,you don't get what he mean?I just switched to nikon from canon not too long ago & NO,i do not have any regrets at all.Why? Cause i do my homework,try my hands on both systems & make my decision.At the end of the day,you have to know what you want from your system.Of course,once in awhile i will miss the white lenses,the red ring and the CMOS :bsmilie:

Scenario 1: My elder brother knows that i use a canon (back then).So there was one day i show him a picture i took with my new D200 & his reaction was "wow,your canon camera really good hor,such nice colour & sharpness" I look at him & tell him it's from a nikon.Doesn't mean that canon is not good,what im trying to say is both are equally great system.

Get the whole picture??? ;)

lol get leica... leica = heavenly.... [i regret selling my panasonic.... lol, becos of the lens... rofl]

anywayz realli i mean depends i guess, i dun like canon manual focus ring [too slim?] and nikon is well nicer, but hmmm i dun own a nikon so i can;t diss it yet, but i had feel and touch a nikon, and i prefer canon one.... lol

well its either canon or panasonic for me~ :D :D cheers :D

Aaaah, everyone go get Sony. Problem solved! :)

Has nobody heard of Hasselblad...:devil:

H3D :sweat: :lovegrin:

but oh wait...no VR/IS...:bsmilie:

I know of someone who did that and he missed using the old system.

Before one changes , the price to pay for is steep. That means selling away and buying again.

Erm? Who is that ah?

Nikon's NEF rules. That is all I have to say about Nikon. :thumbsup:

Well, I moved the other way, I'm glad to say both systems are good and bad, I just find Nikon a bit passive in their road map and too slow to get things done. (For eg: WT3 took over a year to reach SG).

Things I find ok in Nikon :-
1) Good WA - AF-S 17-35
2) Good flash system - CLS, SB-800

Things I don't like :-
1) Stagnant
2) No new lenses, always producing stupid bodies one after another that is of not much value.

Things I like about Canon :-
1) Good Telephotos
2) Good metering system
3) More lenses variety available
4) Cheaper lenses
5) FULL FRAME!!!!!
6) 24-70 f/2.8!!!!!!

1) 17-35L - simply sux
2) 16-35L - simple sux more
3) 17-40L - best of the 3 but sux when compared to AF-S 17-35.

Even if Nikon come out full frame, too late also, so what even if they can win the 1DS MKII, it would only be a matter of time before they become stagnant again and start following Canon's asses in design and roadmap.

Ok, this is not meant to be bashing any camp, if you buay song, please please PM me your unhappiness instead, I will just move the PM to my trash box. Thanx!

Must as well get a Sinar while you're at it.

:bsmilie:
no Sinar cannot sync flash at any shutter speed...Hassey can ;p

It is better to switch the photographer, if things don't turn out well.
Why blame the system ? :bsmilie:
Oops..:x sorry for the OT.

1) Stagnant
2) No new lenses, always producing stupid bodies one after another that is of not much value.

From another POV, this also helps us to save money. No need to eat grass so frequently. ;p;p

Well, I moved the other way, I'm glad to say both systems are good and bad, I just find Nikon a bit passive in their road map and too slow to get things done. (For eg: WT3 took over a year to reach SG).

Things I find ok in Nikon :-
1) Good WA - AF-S 17-35
2) Good flash system - CLS, SB-800

1) Stagnant

Things I like about Canon :-
1) Good Telephotos
2) Good metering system
3) More lenses variety available
4) Cheaper lenses
5) FULL FRAME!!!!!
6) 24-70 f/2.8!!!!!!

1) 17-35L - simply sux
2) 16-35L - simple sux more
3) 17-40L - best of the 3 but sux when compared to AF-S 17-35.

Even if Nikon come out full frame, too late also, so what even if they can win the 1DS MKII, it would only be a matter of time before they become stagnant again and start following Canon's asses in design and roadmap.

Ok, this is not meant to be bashing any camp, if you buay song, please please PM me your unhappiness instead, I will just move the PM to my trash box. Thanx!

Well, the argument by many nikonians except for me is how wide do you really want?

For me 24mm in a FF world is wide enough.

I glad that you're happy with your choice to switch. But for me, I'll just stick to what I have for sometime before being able to go back to Canon if I want to.

Well, the argument by many nikonians except for me is how wide do you really want?

For me 24mm in a FF world is wide enough.

I glad that you're happy with your choice to switch. But for me, I'll just stick to what I have for sometime before being able to go back to Canon if I want to.

The wider the better, 24mm on a FF is barely enough, 17 or more would be superb.

Buy both

Keep both.

Use both.

Then sell Nikon and diss Nikon.

Why? After owning Nikon, you earned the right to piss on Nikon.

*runs to hide*

Sounds like somebody we know here :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.