any news of 350D

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
anyone got any news of the 350D hitting singapore stores anytime? or any info about it (prices, etc)?

anyone got any news of the 350D hitting singapore stores anytime? or any info about it (prices, etc)?

It's being launched in Japan on 17/03/05.

guess mebbe by sitex 2005 during the mar school holidays, we shld see an appearance of 350D? :think:

yap, send email to canonsingapore,they say its S$2000!!! :bigeyes:
available in mid of march............2005 :cry:

studiolabmaster said:
yap, send email to canonsingapore,they say its S$2000!!! :bigeyes:
available in mid of march............2005 :cry:

if true, dat means the street price will be ard the same as when 300D was launched 2yrs back. IIRC, ard $1700+ give or take.

just when I've decided on D70.. canon has to do this to me.. now i'm' stuck between D70 and 350D

Alamak!! I'm a newbies myself..
Shld I wait for sitex 2005 to get the canon 350D
or buy the canon 20D and enjoy Canon's promotion (till 28th Feb)
where they're giving a 1GB card and vest? :dunno:
Wonder if 20D's price will drop when 350D is lanuched here? :think:
Should I endure for awhile more for 350D or 20D??
Any suggestion from the ppl here?? :dunno:

Whatever the case I'm goinna...

BUY BUY BUY

:embrass:

will they give black EOS vest? i want i want ;)

dunno if they will seriously launch it by sitex. its only 2wks away. i guess if they are going to launch it, we shld be seeing some ads by now? or, the CPS members shld be receiving invitations to the 350D product launch? so far anything?

i dun think they will have freebies during the sale of the first batch of cams. IIRC, 300D was launched with nary a card, vest, tripod etc... it was only later dat such things were packaged together. my guess is dat if its launched in mar, by the comex exhibition in jun or the last exhibition (can't remember the name) in dec later this yr, we shld see packaged freebies.

so, if u can tahan, wait lor? dun be like me. when i bought the 300D in dec 03, it was without freebies. the week after i bought it (1wk prior to the dec computer exhibition), canon packaged it with a lens, lens book, bag and tripod... AND CHEAPER! :mad2:

just came back from mscolor. they told me canon launching it in mar, but not during the sitex show. can't make it in time for the show. hmm.... :think: so, if not during the show, looks like probably nearer end of mar? mscolor has not received any notification regarding attending the product launch. ;)

not sure if this news..well, fyi

Digital Rebel XT (aka EOS-350D) [specs]

8.0 effective Megapixel CMOS sensor produces images at; this is NOT the same sensor that the EOS-20D uses
DIGIC II image processor allows for 0.2 second startup time, faster CF write speeds, faster autofocus
Can use EF and EF-S lenses; 1.6X focal length conversion ratio
Available in silver or black bodies; body is smaller and lighter than its predecessor (see the comparison image by following the link below)
Can take up to 14 JPEGs or 5 RAW images in a row at 3 frames/second
New white balance bracketing and fine tuning features (borrowed from the 20D)
Now you can change metering or focus modes at any time (this was impossible with the original Rebel)
Uses E-TTL II flash metering system; hot shoe supports all EX-series Speedlites
9 custom functions; original Rebel had none
CompactFlash Type II slot
1.8" LCD display
Uses NB-2LH lithium-ion battery; despite having less power than the old BP-511 battery, the XT is able to deliver battery life comparable to the original Rebel
Optional battery grip doubles battery life and adds vertical controls
USB 2.0 High Speed supported
PictBridge-enabled

*Re-designed kit lens
The EOS 350D's EF-S 18-55 mm 'Kit Lens' now carries the 'II' suffix indicating a re-design. Canon inform that the changes are purely cosmetic and that the lens elements are identical. Note that this lens still isn't USM where as the black EOS 300D kit was sold with a USM lens (as was the original EOS 300D in Japan).

**Battery Compartment
The EOS 350D's battery compartment is in the base of the hand grip behind a plastic door (with a metal hinge). Unlike the 300D the 350D's smaller NB-2LH battery fits horizontally into the base, it is held in place by an orange clip on the right side of the battery. The Lithium-Ion NB-2LH is the same battery used in the PowerShot S60 / S70 compact digital cameras, it is about half the weight of the BP-511 used in the 300D and provides 65% of that battery's capacity. The NB-2LH is rated at 7.4V, 720 mAh (5.3 Wh).

***Ships in March for $899 body only or $999 with the 18-55 EF-S lens

Preview here: http://www.dpreview.com/articles/canoneos350d/

See here. I believe other places should be selling cheaper but hey, it's just a guide.... :)

huh! S$1800++ for this body,a bit high lay...............must as well stick with my 20d & 10d.............. :bigeyes:

fireblade05 said:
See here. I believe other places should be selling cheaper but hey, it's just a guide.... :)

Yeah that price should be the upper limit for 350D... the site also lists the price of 20D body as $2829.95!

I have just read and looked at the 350D pics from DPreview. Actually, I do feel that the "improvement" is not really that great over the 300D. Yes a faster startup, and better continuous shooting mode. But with the 300D hack, the 300D can do a higher ISO shoot. The 511 battery used has longer stamina and is usable across the higher range cameras.

I wonder if there will be a hack for the 350D?

Personally I also find the body too small. It looks like a toy when you hold in your hand, and with BG3, it is not flushed with the camera's main body, makes it looks a bit cheap. 350D makes it hard for a person who is using a higer end camera to use it as a spare.

I wonder why canon what to change the physical design of 350D so much?

The EOS20D will beat it any time.

I think the 'improvement' is fantastic. Whilst I agree that the removal of the farcical restrictions imposed on the 300D may not be considered real improvements, the 8mp sensor, faster startup time, and better buffer are undeniably real steps forward.

A light camera is not necessarily a drawback. I consider it a plus. Especially if you're holidaying with wife and kids and carrying a pram, kids, milk bottles/nappies, water, map, guidebooks, souvenir shopping, coats... Anything that will lighten my load of SLR, lens, flash, batteries, tripod would be much appreciated.

I'm dissapointed about the batteries too. But what so bad about carrying a spare?

As for 20D beating the 350D 'anytime', I think its more like 'rarely'. The majority of users will probably find 3fps, 14-shot buffer adequate 95% of the time.

I'm looking forward to the 350D. It's 90% of the 20D at 60% the price.

Everyone has his/her own opinion

I truly like the light wt camera body of the 20D and I am sure all the fathers up there would agree with me.

Whenever I go for holiday I just bring a 50mm prime and 1 camera body.

lightning said:
Personally I also find the body too small. It looks like a toy when you hold in your hand, and with BG3, it is not flushed with the camera's main body, makes it looks a bit cheap. 350D makes it hard for a person who is using a higer end camera to use it as a spare.

I wonder why canon what to change the physical design of 350D so much?

The EOS20D will beat it any time.

Errr the 20D and 350D is two different class of cams. So what beats what? :dunno:

jbma said:
Errr the 20D and 350D is two different class of cams. So what beats what? :dunno:

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

tuan, u buying it when it comes to singapore next mth?

Status
Not open for further replies.