Any lab accepts NEF files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volk

Jan 20, 2002
West, Singapore
Visit site
Hi all,

Since now a lot of D70 users, anyone know of any photo labs can accept NEF files?

Thanks

But what for would they accept NEF files even if they have the software? They cannot read your mind. :)

2100.. giving them NEF's would be like giving them your negatives when you still used film.. they still dont know your mind.. but they will make up your mind for you.. lol..

gadrian said:
2100.. giving them NEF's would be like giving them your negatives when you still used film.. they still dont know your mind.. but they will make up your mind for you.. lol..

Sometimes, i think natural is better than ps to corrupt our mind...

volk said:
Sometimes, i think natural is better than ps to corrupt our mind...

I cannot see the rationale behind your message, what exactly make PS so bad that it "corrupts" our mind?

The crux of this topic is not whether photolabs accept NEF but rather, do they post-process your digital images. AFAIK, they do, and whether it is extensive or not is dependent on each entity. It is just like the good old film days, same ballgame but with a different ball, that's all :)

But different films also will have different saturation levels, grain, behavoir when over/under what. RAW data really needs the operator to go through each and every file as it is truly "naked".

Why send NEF files to the lab for them to post process for you at their discretion when you can give them JPEGs? It's a lot easier, and is not going to be any different from NEFs done by a third party.

Don't shoot NEFs just becoz some chap you know is shooting raw, because almost every other person is shooting raw, etc.

Regards
CK

normally we still have to process raw at the end of the day....tt's y its saved into jpeg in the end ya..

Try photohub at OUB. I know that they accept NEF for larger printouts but you must check with them if they accept NEF for 4R.

Cfan said:
Try photohub at OUB. I know that they accept NEF for larger printouts but you must check with them if they accept NEF for 4R.

Thanks bro. All I want to know is this...

Status
Not open for further replies.