Any good Point-and-Shoot camera recommendations? ($500-600)

I got a question guys...

would 2/3 or 1/1.7 be good enough for Travel photography?

I have been thinking about it, if I can get a 2nd hand rx 100 for ~$500 then it would be good.

else I might have to look at other options (maybe S120 or FujiFilm XQ1)

In good light (daytime), small sensor is good enough to get decent image quality. But small sensor also means deeper depth of field and you are not really going to get much bokehlicious backgrounds. At night or indoor, if your lens isn't fast enough (at least f/2), you are going to get noisy shots with high iso.

If you have a tripod and know your manual controls, you can still get pretty nice travel landscape shots.

I got a question guys...

would 2/3 or 1/1.7 be good enough for Travel photography?

I have been thinking about it, if I can get a 2nd hand rx 100 for ~$500 then it would be good.

else I might have to look at other options (maybe S120 or FujiFilm XQ1)

First... depend on your own acceptance level. I have been using my Nokia 1520 for many of my snapshots (and they range from bright daylight to darker evenings or location) and they are okay for most of my uses. I would think a RX100 would do much much better in the IQ department.

Basically I wouldn't really worry that a 2/3, 1/1.7 or even m4/3 sensor to be of any issues at all. I mean, in very dark night or area, I doubt even a DSLR would come up to be noise free... you need a tripod and flash (period). If you have the budget for a RX100, I would say... go for it. Heck, look out for the Canon G1X too... it had incredible image quality (if you can tahang its slow AF and basically lack of macro capability) it is a good steal nowadays as the camera is going off pretty cheaply.

I'll try...currently I have a Canon IXUS 140 so I'm looking out for something like an upgrade...

It turns out that this camera is not as bad as I first assumed it would be.