Any Canon Ixus65 user out here??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bern

Mar 12, 2006
Lost
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to take some portrait shoot but the result is not what I want.

How to make the back of the subject go out of focus using Ixus65?

Thanks.

The only way that I know of being able to focus and unfocus or depth of field is by using a SLR. I looked up your type of camera and I do not think that it has the capablities to make the background or fore-ground blur. I do not know if this helps or not, but you cna always try looking in you manual.

Bern said:
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to take some portrait shoot but the result is not what I want.

How to make the back of the subject go out of focus using Ixus65?

Thanks.

Its hard to achieve that kind of background blur using a compact camera due to the small size of the sensor.

but here is what you can do, choose a background that is far from your subject, zoom in all the way to your subject, 4x zoom rite? go as close as possible to your subject, try use macro mode and shoot. Think thats the only way you can do it, or you can get an slr :p

Thanks guy for the info.

Been trying hard but it still very hard to get the result right.

I'm thinking of getting an SLR but not now lah.
that why want to try if can temp get this kind of result on my 65 or not first.

I have an Ixus too.. but sadly and honestly it is rather difficult to obtain those depth of field result....

Afterall it is a point-and-shoot sort of camera.. Nenetheless I love it for its size and reasonable quality pictures....

I try to use the macro mode as what bro CasonLyn said, it work a bit but the subject also slightly out of focus.

same here I like the design, picture quality and the 3" screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.