Anti-Olmert Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
The former Prime Minister of Israel, Ehud Olmert was invited to give an address at the University of Chicago on 15 Oct 2009. Various Palestinian, Muslim and human rights groups gathered on campus to protest against Olmert's role in the Israel-Gaza conflict. Despite the cold and drizzle, the protesters were charged with passion and emotion. A couple of pro-Israeli supporters gathering on the opposite corner of the intersection; however, the police presence ensured that it proceeded in a controlled and peaceful manner.

See the video of the news report (after the commercial) HERE

Something to share with you guys, since such sights are never seen in Singapore.

K20D4765.jpg

K20D4771.jpg

K20D4774.jpg

K20D4776.jpg

K20D4782.jpg

Last edited:
K20D5024.jpg

K20D5026.jpg

K20D5040.jpg

K20D5044.jpg

K20D5067.jpg

That's all! Thanks for viewing!

Last edited:
Wow, your 12-24mm in the thick of the action... nice photojournalistic shots bro... :thumbsup:

Nice coverage! To get these angles, you were practically part of the protest... :bsmilie:

Nice.... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow, your 12-24mm in the thick of the action... nice photojournalistic shots bro... :thumbsup:

Nice coverage! To get these angles, you were practically part of the protest... :bsmilie:

thanks guys!

the FA35 was a little long as there was still traffic on the road where i was shooting from.. the UWA lens was really fun to use, forced me to get really close to the subjects w/o interfering or disturbing, but the angles and the photos that result are quite dramatic!

very interesting and very nice photo :)

good work !! :D

Nice coverage Daren, thanks for sharing.:)

I can really feel the atmosphere from the photos. Great shots :)

Good job getting in the thick of action. Very PJ shots.:thumbsup:

Nice use of the UWA. I guess you alternated it with the 50-135? Or did you get yourself a 2nd body? ;p

awesome!i love the colours and the expressions /angles are well captured

very interesting and very nice photo

good work !! :D

Nice coverage Daren, thanks for sharing.

I can really feel the atmosphere from the photos. Great shots

Good job getting in the thick of action. Very PJ shots.

Nice use of the UWA. I guess you alternated it with the 50-135? Or did you get yourself a 2nd body?

thanks guys. these protests & rallies happen only once in a blue moon, even here!

baracus: no i only have 1 K20D :cry: i was switching between the 35, 12-24 and 50-135 throughout the shoot.

anyway, one of the photos made it to the front page of the school paper

K20D5555.jpg

Darren,

well taken. Pro-standard.;)

marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.