Another STUPID decision from LTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
In NYC, people live with cabs stopping at the side of the roads.

Our LTA cannot take it ah?:rolleyes:

aiyah. theres alot more la..

besides erp... the petrol prices went up

IIRC.. today prices of fuel.. USD$101/barrel... correct ?

now petrol is aroun $2.05/top grade petrol..... expensive lor... last time $1.95 i already half dead...

and u guys know recently in stomp ? got a china lady allow the son urinate in the mrt in peak hours ?

Thought USD drop to all time low? our current should be at the advantage... how come oil price still goes up? :dunno:

Besides that, taxis unknowingly causes traffic jams when stopping on a busy road. Though it may be a matter of few minutes, the jam is going to pile up if a taxi picks up a passenger once every few minutes on the same stretch of road.
I notice that the traffic is getting more smooth now that taxi cannot anyhow stop, I guess its a tradeoff between taxi passengers and car drivers.
However, to be fair, police should also summon those private cars and lorries which also anyhow stop in CDB, the same way they summon the taxi drivers.

I saw some commotion going on at the taxi stands outside Tanjong MRT Station this afternoon. Apparently this aunty who uses walking stick, wanted to go Tanjong Pagar NTUC and the taxi driver force her to alight at MRT station. She was very unhappy and complaining, cant blame her.. it is raining and she has walk through the big field. :cry:
Wonder what is in the mind of those people who make these decision....

Yeah, I want the CBD road to be painted with some bright colour marker may be neon green (because red, white and yellow has been used for other purpose) because I am also confused where is the boundary.

This way also taxi uncle cannot cheat us, lying about CBD area when it is actually 100 m before CBD. :think:

It's already quite clearly marked... by HUGE ERP signs. :eek::bigeyes:

I notice that the traffic is getting more smooth now that taxi cannot anyhow stop, I guess its a tradeoff between taxi passengers and car drivers.
However, to be fair, police should also summon those private cars and lorries which also anyhow stop in CDB, the same way they summon the taxi drivers.

Actually, LTA could just double jagged yellow line the main thoroughfare in the CBD.

All this because people are complaining about taxis stopping anywhere the passengers want to stop. A solution was to educate the taxi drivers to stop in a safe way........perhaps that didn't work. So, now LTA has to come with this bright idea, alighting at taxi stands is indeed very inconvenient, but what to do, perhaps the person who came with this idea never take a taxi?

They all all drive cars and are themselves annoyed perhaps????

Maybe we should all should stop complaining?????

HS

I wonder for those small hotel or budget hotel (Hotel 81?) located in town which don't have their own taxi stands, how huh? So now all their visitor will have to drag their luggage to the nearest taxi stands? :think:

And in case anyone need to go to any office building in town area, please do your homework and find out their exact location.. As the taxi will not bring you to the doorsteps anymore if there isnt any taxi stands there. :angry:

All this because people are complaining about taxis stopping anywhere the passengers want to stop. A solution was to educate the taxi drivers to stop in a safe way........perhaps that didn't work. So, now LTA has to come with this bright idea, alighting at taxi stands is indeed very inconvenient, but what to do, perhaps the person who came with this idea never take a taxi?

They all all drive cars and are themselves annoyed perhaps????

Maybe we should all should stop complaining?????

HS

It'll never end - for every one complaint there's a counter, and if we are fighting fires based on every complaint, we'll just go full circle and back to where we started.

I wonder for those small hotel or budget hotel (Hotel 81?) located in town which don't have their own taxi stands, how huh? So now all their visitor will have to drag their luggage to the nearest taxi stands? :think:

And in case anyone need to go to any office building in town area, please do your homework and find out their exact location.. As the taxi will not bring you to the doorsteps anymore if there isnt any taxi stands there. :angry:

There are budget hotels in the CBD?

jokes aside u think that's possible if they're barely able to pay the rent and fuel for the taxis?

Not really, I've yet to meet any taxi driver who's willing to work hard but can only barely pay rental and fuel. Most of them are doing rather OK, even with the persent fare hike and less people taking cab, for these group of cabbie, it's just less work but same pay.

I seriously believe the rule applies only to commercial area. Where residential area is concern, I believed the taxi can still pick u up and drop you off at your home (car porch or lobby).

I personally applaud LTA for coming down on this flagging issue. Currently, many passengers like flaggin down cabs on the road side or standing just before the taxi stand. This is indeed frustrating, especially for passengers whom are in the taxi queue.

There are also risks involved when passengers tried flagging down taxis on main road. For taxi drivers, their immediate reaction is to jam break and filtering to the road side to pick up passengers. This, not only endangered their own lifes but also the lifes of other motorists. For the passengers, they will dash across the road once their taxi comes to a halt disregards their own safety and the safety or other motorists.

I have seen accidents occured due to taxi jamming break as well as passengers dashing across the roads and have a couple of near-misses with taxi drivers and jay walkers as well.

Besides that, taxis unknowingly causes traffic jams when stopping on a busy road. Though it may be a matter of few minutes, the jam is going to pile up if a taxi picks up a passenger once every few minutes on the same stretch of road.

Just some of my thoughts..

:thumbsup::thumbsup: As much as I don't like the new ruling from LTA, I have to agreed with you that this is the real world situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.