Another STUPID decision from LTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flag-downs at taxi stands only, understandable becos non-of-us in the taxi queues would like to see people hijacking the taxi infront of us when they are not in the queue.

But dropping off, why? We take taxis for reason, raining, carry heavy and bulky stuff.. etc..imagine you have to alight at taxi stands, 50 meter away? and not all taxi stands has shelter that lead to any where.. eg the one at South Bridge Road, infront of the Indian temple. If it rains heavily.. then good luck!

And on call.. doesn't make sense also.. Then people won't call in advance, just walk to taxi stands, if long queue and no cab, then call lor. For those who called in advance, if they walk to the taxi stands and see cab queuing up, i think they will just act blur and hop onto any available cab.. :bsmilie:

must be drivers and some complain kings and queens flooding LTA with lots of complaints

All I say is this. I live in the CBD. What I understand is, taxi may no long drop me off at home between 6am anbd mignight, even if I am coming back from teh airport with all my luggages, nor can the taxi pick me up at where I live.

Trying to get calrificationl, no one can give me.

Going forward, all the roads around taxi stands will be packed with taxi trying to wait for a customer. Customers will have to brave the weather to walk to a taxi stand. Those in the heart of the CBD may not be affected that much, but those on the outskirt of the CBD will be severely impacted.

This looks like another stupid dumn moron ideas dreamed up by some intellectually challenged scholar ....

Taxi drivers will suffer, riders will suffer .... no one gain on this ... smart!

Maybe, this is the writing on the wall ... time to move ....... time to leave

Singaporeans should learn how to shut up and stop complaining.

BTW, if you've been following the news this is a knee-jerk response to the flood of letters complaining that people cannot flag down a cab in CBD during peak hour, and that cab drivers hide and wait for booking, hence the inclusion of booking also in the new ruling.

The recent 35% charge is also a response to the complains. Whenever someone writes to Straits Times, the authorities will paiseh and do something about it. The solution they come up with normally solve problem A, but whether it introduces problem B, C, D remains to be seen...

BTW, if you've been following the news this is a knee-jerk response to the flood of letters complaining that people cannot flag down a cab in CBD during peak hour, and that cab drivers hide and wait for booking, hence the inclusion of booking also in the new ruling.

Don't quite get it.. so how does "pickup, drop off only allows at taxi stand" got to do with this? Taxi can still hide and wait for booking, the only difference is that now they will pick you up from the taxi stands and not anywhere else ...:think:

This is a strong reason WHY ppl wanted to get their own car.

Insane rules.
Bus aircon lousy.
Noisy passengers in bus (HATE THOSE who on their freaking HP speaker SO loud. No need to broadcast what! idiotic!)
Dirty in bus...

This also applies for cab as well.. not as bad.. but show enough reason WHY people prefer have their own comfort!

aiyah. theres alot more la..

besides erp... the petrol prices went up

IIRC.. today prices of fuel.. USD$101/barrel... correct ?

now petrol is aroun $2.05/top grade petrol..... expensive lor... last time $1.95 i already half dead...

and u guys know recently in stomp ? got a china lady allow the son urinate in the mrt in peak hours ?

Singaporeans should learn how to shut up and stop complaining.

In that case.. won't the taxis hide away from those taxi stands and wait for booking? Dosen't solve the problem at all... previously harder to hide as most place also have potential passengers, now only need to stay away from taxi stands. :dunno:

In that case.. won't the taxis hide away from those taxi stands and wait for booking? Dosen't solve the problem at all... previously harder to hide as most place also have potential passengers, now only need to stay away from taxi stands. :dunno:

No cos the taxi drop the passenger at taxi stand, then it'll have to pick up the next passenger in line. Cannot run away and hide. :thumbsup:

No cos the taxi drop the passenger at taxi stand, then it'll have to pick up the next passenger in line. Cannot run away and hide. :thumbsup:

what if got booking at another taxi stand? or advanced booking? or what if stomach ache?

sure kena complain.

even if they drop passenger at taxi stands. they can still wave NO at you ..

Is there a map for Taxi stops in CBD? And is there a map for CBD? Like from where til where? I really have difficulty in knowing where's the boundary.

If I understand correctly, taxis can still stop and let passengers alight at CBD buildings internal driveways (if they have one), they just cannot anyhow stop on roadsides with new rule.

Is there a map for Taxi stops in CBD? And is there a map for CBD? Like from where til where? I really have difficulty in knowing where's the boundary.

Yeah, I want the CBD road to be painted with some bright colour marker may be neon green (because red, white and yellow has been used for other purpose) because I am also confused where is the boundary.

This way also taxi uncle cannot cheat us, lying about CBD area when it is actually 100 m before CBD. :think:

Flag-downs at taxi stands only, understandable becos non-of-us in the taxi queues would like to see people hijacking the taxi infront of us when they are not in the queue.

But dropping off, why? We take taxis for reason, raining, carry heavy and bulky stuff.. etc..imagine you have to alight at taxi stands, 50 meter away? and not all taxi stands has shelter that lead to any where.. eg the one at South Bridge Road, infront of the Indian temple. If it rains heavily.. then good luck!

And on call.. doesn't make sense also.. Then people won't call in advance, just walk to taxi stands, if long queue and no cab, then call lor. For those who called in advance, if they walk to the taxi stands and see cab queuing up, i think they will just act blur and hop onto any available cab.. :bsmilie:

few days ago I heard over 987 from the Shan and Ros show that they tried calling LTA and various cab companies, gave them a scenario that if it's raining heavily and they are carrying a lot of things, the taxi stand is across the road or needs exposure to rain. How can they get a cab?

Everyone contacted had no comments to give. :dunno:

how about emergency cases like childbirth, rushing to hospital etc ... ?

dun tell me wait at taxi queue hor.. :confused:

Friend, you evidently haven't given birth before, nor have you had a pregnant wife. You don't rush down to a hospital for childbirth in a taxi. That's what hospitals buy ambulances for.

few days ago I heard over 987 from the Shan and Ros show that they tried calling LTA and various cab companies, gave them a scenario that if it's raining heavily and they are carrying a lot of things, the taxi stand is across the road or needs exposure to rain. How can they get a cab?

Everyone contacted had no comments to give. :dunno:

All chuah dio right? I find it hard to believe that the "leaders" involved here can think so narrowmindedly, and only solve one problem, but end up creating more problems.

All chuah dio right? I find it hard to believe that the "leaders" involved here can think so narrowmindedly, and only solve one problem, but end up creating more problems.

i believe the telephone operator was not updated on the new "FAQs" and "model answer" reply. :bsmilie:

Friend, you evidently haven't given birth before, nor have you had a pregnant wife. You don't rush down to a hospital for childbirth in a taxi. That's what hospitals buy ambulances for.

People up there don't know what's its like down here.

All I say is this. I live in the CBD. What I understand is, taxi may no long drop me off at home between 6am anbd mignight, even if I am coming back from teh airport with all my luggages, nor can the taxi pick me up at where I live.

I seriously believe the rule applies only to commercial area. Where residential area is concern, I believed the taxi can still pick u up and drop you off at your home (car porch or lobby).

I personally applaud LTA for coming down on this flagging issue. Currently, many passengers like flaggin down cabs on the road side or standing just before the taxi stand. This is indeed frustrating, especially for passengers whom are in the taxi queue.

There are also risks involved when passengers tried flagging down taxis on main road. For taxi drivers, their immediate reaction is to jam break and filtering to the road side to pick up passengers. This, not only endangered their own lifes but also the lifes of other motorists. For the passengers, they will dash across the road once their taxi comes to a halt disregards their own safety and the safety or other motorists.

I have seen accidents occured due to taxi jamming break as well as passengers dashing across the roads and have a couple of near-misses with taxi drivers and jay walkers as well.

Besides that, taxis unknowingly causes traffic jams when stopping on a busy road. Though it may be a matter of few minutes, the jam is going to pile up if a taxi picks up a passenger once every few minutes on the same stretch of road.

Just some of my thoughts..

Status
Not open for further replies.