Another CameraTalk Story - Pls AVOID

Valjeankhoo

Aug 13, 2009
East Singapore
Went to Sim Lim SQ w my friend yesterday to get a Canon 550D. We walk into this shop CameraTalk at level 2 right infront of the escalator. This botak and plump salesman attended to us and offer to show us how this camera works. He profess himself as an avid photographger but use auto mode for his demo. After that he quote us $980 w/GST for the Canon 550D plus 18-55mm lens plus 4 free gift - 8GB SD Card, Canon Bag (both standard items) and also tripod and cleaning kit. He also offer global warranty :dunno: which he mention covers the body and lenses all over the world including USA. He even discount the price to $900 if we pay by VISA card. We find it very strange and told him we need to walk ard to find out more and will return later.

We return indeed as there isn't any offer as cheap as this. I approached the same salesman again but this time his tone is different. He seems very aggressive and blame us for walking out w/o buying just now. When i told him i'm here to buy now, he mention we are not sincere and wasted his time. Sensing something is wrong we walk away.

We are lucky that no transaction took place but we still pen in our experience to share so that others will be more beware about this shop. The Camera Talk.

We are lucky that no transaction took place

Yes, you're lucky indeed :thumbsup:

Get your hands on a camera from a reputable shop and don't save up that extra bucks...

grey set maybe?

The moment he said use VISA is cheaper, you can U-turn and leave the shop already..

I would have bought the unit right away. :bsmilie: /bigcarrot.

one of the old tricks in sim lim

ask you to pay credit card and offer you damn cheap price

than swipe 2-5 times and ask you to sign hard as pen "no ink"

than later u get your bill, you indeed pay 900... multiply by the number of transaction slip you sign...

grey set maybe?

I think its worse than that maybe re-con set.. :confused:

The moment he said use VISA is cheaper, you can U-turn and leave the shop already..

Ya will do that, and not waste time listerning... :)

than later u get your bill, you indeed pay 900... multiply by the number of transaction slip you sign...

I am shock, that they really did this. Thanks for info. I never chk the number of carbon copy before but will do that from now.

My wife owns a retail shop that accepts credit card. She once swipe the card 3 times coz the reciept paper was stucked for the first two times. In this case the customer have every right to request the money back.

The bank will definitely credit the money back if the customer file a case, esp when the same card and same amount is swiped consecutively a few times in the same period of time.

My wife owns a retail shop that accepts credit card. She once swipe the card 3 times coz the reciept paper was stucked for the first two times. In this case the customer have every right to request the money back.

The bank will definitely credit the money back if the customer file a case, esp when the same card and same amount is swiped consecutively a few times in the same period of time.

:thumbsup: Cardholder can dispute with no issue.

this 1 I not so sure... my friend (in the police) is now handling a case where a woman paid $4000 for a ipad

He told me that this kind of thing police cannot do anything, I will ask him again ba...

strikeback4 said:
this 1 I not so sure... my friend (in the police) is now handling a case where a woman paid $4000 for a ipad

He told me that this kind of thing police cannot do anything, I will ask him again ba...

Epic!win la that woman.

the moment "Pay by VISA cheaper" ... is definitely a cheat/black-store already... consumer who buy from honest shops should know that if pay by cash, the item cost will be cheaper by +/- 2% as compared to card payment.

Those people in Camera Talk are very beng and scary. Long time ago bought something from them but they were using different shop name at that time.

I feel that the uncles in alan photo also quite fierce looking and unfriendly! =(

Haha! $980 is quite cheap! But for confirmation I'll look around first loh. If don't wanna sell then jus walk off. Haha! Dont say we don't wanna buy!

Anyway police really don't handle these frauds leh. Maybe the CAD (Commercial Affairs Department) or go CASE loh...

Dunno why most SLS vendors are like that. I went to Brother Song or Song Brothers (can't remember) level 1, to ask about Sirui tripods. A guy quoted me quite high. I asked for a discount because the retail price elsewhere is much cheaper but there's no stock for it. That guy replied crudely;

Guy: "Of course lah cheaper coz no stock!!"
Me: "??"
Guy: "I give you free you want or not? But I tell you now I've got no stock!!"
Me: "If you give me free, I don't mind waiting till your stocks arrive."
Guy: "You don't come waste people's time"
Me: (inside my heart) WTH.

I walked away coz I "don't wanna waste his time". Whatever. I went up straight to OP (level 6). Ahhh. OP is my kind of shop. They won't bother you until you enquire something from them. And I know they won't pull any stunts. Trustable shop. :thumbsup: (The only shop in SLS I trust)