an insincere seller --- oldahr---!

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually, i kind of miss the iTrader rating. it helps quite a bit.

hey,

dont get too bothered, i too think its a reversed focusing screen because its rather tough to get a camera to not focus to infinity unless you intentionally shim the mounts. dont fret, we learn!

cheers!

noticed that oldahr has been online quite often.:rolleyes:
wonder why he didn't come in to clarify his side of the story :think:

I would like to hear his story, too. at least give some hint on how is the cause of the problem so that I may be able to DIY to fix it. not worth to send for service considering the price quoted.
by the way, I tried the lens auto chinon 55/1.7. it's in good condition, and looks close to my smc takumar 55/1.8 on sharpness, color a bit light not so rich. maybe good for black and white, which I am going to try several negatives. so overall speaking, really little I lost.
afterall, it's a brand new year already! just look at the good aspect of past la

and anyone have experience with this CM-3? from web info, CM series look like no interchangeable focus screen.

I would like to hear his story, too. at least give some hint on how is the cause of the problem so that I may be able to DIY to fix it. not worth to send for service considering the price quoted.
by the way, I tried the lens auto chinon 55/1.7. it's in good condition, and looks close to my smc takumar 55/1.8 on sharpness, color a bit light not so rich. maybe good for black and white, which I am going to try several negatives. so overall speaking, really little I lost.
afterall, it's a brand new year already! just look at the good aspect of past la

and anyone have experience with this CM-3? from web info, CM series look like no interchangeable focus screen.
Can you take a close up picture of the screen through the lensmount?

HS

shaking hand held shots of focus screen.
inner side in mirror in lower one.
it seems no removeable parts to adjust the screen.
your opinion?
screen4.jpg

shaking hand held shots of focus screen.
inner side in mirror in lower one.
it seems no removeable parts to adjust the screen.
your opinion?
screen4.jpg

A bit small to see, yeah?

click to open in a new window. it seems IE resized display.
and I crop a lot off, too:)

thanks!
I have exp about istDs and A5. they both have a lever to release the focus screen, not seen here.

Hi,

From the first observation it seems that there is no lever or screw in the area above the styrofoam mirror 'bumper' (the black crescent shaped metal plate just underneath the lensmount)....

So, no way to remove the screen easily.......but the image is fuzzy and not focused at the area where usually the screws are located

HS

oldahr has been patient and silent. I do not know who he is.
Quarreling on line in a forum is a silly thing to do, with the world watching and laughing at the two protagonists. That is probably why he refuses to engage you in argument/explanation in this thread.

This thing might just be a case of the mirror slightly out of position, which is easily fixed by a capable technician in a jiffy. How do I know? I have such similar repair done before.

So no point getting all worked up over such a minor thing.

You may consider closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.