An Expensive Toy

:thumbsup:
i love it

Don't be a spoil sport. Give the man some credit for trying. He took the trouble to snap a picture so maybe give him some tips on how to get his composition right.

I agree with you but don't "punchek" his enthusiasm lah.

This is a place for critique. If you can't handle the heat, leave the kitchen.

Don't be a spoil sport. Give the man some credit for trying. He took the trouble to snap a picture so maybe give him some tips on how to get his composition right.

i was not where he was, i don't know his viewpoint.

truth be told, i don't see anything to shoot in his frame.

its ok de.. this is critique corner not compliments corner

classic reply : Don't be a spoil sport. Give the man some credit for trying. He took the trouble to snap a picture so maybe give him some tips on how to get his composition right.

hahaha!

I think nightmare has given fair critique. It is not personal. Good for TS that he took the trouble to snap but that does not mean everyone must like it. Check out Mr. Tan Lip Seng's photo gallery and see how he handles his critiques. He welcomes them and if he does not agree with their views, he will explain very nicely why (But these are rare as his pictures are superb and I'm not being biased just becos he's a friend :cool:).

nice shot, nice framing...

i really thought it's a model at the first sight. your post editting have the feeling of shot with TS lens..

With the first glance without looking at your write up, i dont even know what is the focus here =X

It is more like a touristy landscape picture.

If the focus is the floating platform, a shot from another perspective would do better or greater focus should be given to it.

i find the "blur" effect through photoshop is like what we say in mandarin - "draw snake add legs" (redundant)

Last edited:
hi bro ,

absolutely love your work . mind sharing how u did those? newbie to photoshop . :embrass:

With the first glance without looking at your write up, i dont even know what is the focus here =X

It is more like a touristy landscape picture.

If the focus is the floating platform, a shot from another perspective would do better or greater focus should be given to it.

i find the "blur" effect through photoshop is like what we say in mandarin - "draw snake add legs" (redundant)

He shot it from the flyer. Not many perspectives possible as far as I know. :dunno:

I think if he didn't add the blur, it probably wouldn't be a unique photo and hence not be posted here. Anyway, it's definitely his intended effect and so it wouldn't be considered "draw snake add legs".

I personally think it is a decent attempt considering the constraints.

hi bro ,

absolutely love your work . mind sharing how u did those? newbie to photoshop . :embrass:

You really really need to read the posts above. Or google.

I wonder if it is possible to create the same effect without post processing?

Anyone?:):think:

Are you using filters?