An evening @ West Coast Park

cuttiz

Jun 29, 2011
Bukit Panjang
IMG_4103.JPG

Before sunset @ West Coast Park

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, frame

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I actually did blur the rest of the background slightly so that the boat on the bottom right will stand out.
There's actually a lot of details in the picture.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Before the sunset at west coast park, sky was clear so there nothing interesting in sky, so I turn to taking phoot of things I see near the coast.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Personally I felt the photo is ok. Very simple, colours not very fantastic. Was trying to do a longer exposure but the boat was actually moving.

Last edited:
title dun suit your photo, it looks like daytime when u shoot this photo as opposed to your evening theme.

secondly, too much distraction in this photo not only the ship on the back right, but those poles for the ship embankment area as well as the floating balls.

The framing is ok.. only the background is a bit noisy.. Able to zoom closer to the boat and ditch the background at a higher level? Also do you have a .4 stop ND filter? Try a longer exposure to smoothen the water.. or maybe go to the side and try from side view? just my two cents advice..

@Sinned79. Thanks for being the 1st to comment :) Yes, I do agree tha the title does not suit the photo very much, just that I can't think of any at that point to name this picture.

@Stingrayangel. That's my max zoom actually :) Hahhaa. I shall try shooting with a .4 stop ND filter. Thanks for ur advice.