Alpha 900 breaks cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great finally a clean control dial just the required P A S M mode plus Auto and memory. Like the hot shoe cover.

I see that over 8gb cards will be in great demand now.

cheers

The surprising thing is that A900 actually has live view?!
I always tot its not gonna have it as the digital display does not look like it can be flipped out.

A pleasant surprise, hopefully the display can be flipped out.

Hmm...the cut-out image was not a A900 body showing the live view tech. Also no dedicated button for live view. The extra button next to the LCD on top is for back light.

Well lets sit back and wait.

the head abit the awkward leh... understand it's for the pentaprism but abit like ogre magi sia...

No build in flash like in film SLR Dynax 9 that means must invest in remote commander for wireless flash.

This gets more and more confusing.

Is the flagship supposed to be the A900 or not? I thought it's going to be called something else?? Is there going to be another full-frame DSLR (Canon EOS5D class)? I've only heard rumours about it, but nothing really solid appearing in any reports.

Whatever the case may be, this "flagship" looks really good. And it's got a top-plate LCD! Wonderful! I hope future generations of even the mid-range DSLRs will incorporate this. I really hate using the main LCD to check on settings all the time. Too distracting to turn on all the time, too troublesome to switch it on and off as you need it, and most of all, an un-necessary battery sapper.

And user-memory slots accessed via top dial! Last seen on the D7D and (gasp!) Dimage A2! These are the two features I really, really miss in a DSLR.

uhm... Looks like an interesting time ahead.

25MP is kind of errr..... :sweat:

Personally, I think it is overkill and you need a lot of computer power and ram to run those files.

We shall see how much is the price when release!....

Regards,

Hart

if i'm not wrong... Sony didn't exactly say that the flagship model is a900, people just claim it is... seems like they're the same photos from the flagship booth, which is interesting since they appeared some time before and then this article arrives...

i guess it's the same thing... just that it has already been labelled...

who knows sony might just build that into a900 :)

The built in flash is the remote comander for WL flash this is one major function that Minolta/Sony makes difference with other brand. Anyway the build in flash is quite useless without this function, always too week for most of the shoots.

if i'm not wrong... Sony didn't exactly say that the flagship model is a900, people just claim it is... seems like they're the same photos from the flagship booth, which is interesting since they appeared some time before and then this article arrives...

i guess it's the same thing... just that it has already been labelled...

What is the definition of Flagship ............... it comes and then sails away? :think:

What is the definition of Flagship ............... it comes and then sails away? :think:

Traditionally, in ancient times where huge fleets sailed the seas, the main ship, the one which carried the flag representing the country, was called the flagship.

In modern terms, it just means to most top-end model of whatever the company produces.

Traditionally, in ancient times where huge fleets sailed the seas, the main ship, the one which carried the flag representing the country, was called the flagship.

In modern terms, it just means to most top-end model of whatever the company produces.

Like I said it comes and sails away .................. when they build another another ..........;)

The built in flash is the remote comander for WL flash this is one major function that Minolta/Sony makes difference with other brand. Anyway the build in flash is quite useless without this function, always too week for most of the shoots.

Not quite true... quite a few A700 users have reported that the built-in flash is quite good for daytime fill flash for snapshots...

how much will A900 roughly costs? $3199?

So cheap?! For a 25MP full frame, almost pro level body? I think it will be out of stock for a while... I'll grab it even at that price! I was looking at around $4000...

Status
Not open for further replies.