Along Orchard Road

simply beautiful, great job.....who is danny anyway? Can share with us his website? I am keen to learn too

4211282023_0239b42de9_o.jpg

4211282021_9465ab42f4_o.jpg

4211282013_41e1f2dac3_o.jpg

4212135250_49d1d522a6_o.jpg

Last edited:
54 Took a portrait of this lady (with permission) at orchard road. scary attempt but its fun :)
4217660847_828089be58_o.jpg

55. Santa Claus taking a break after giving out xmas presents :D
4217690337_4644b568d9_o.jpg

I find street photography is not easy cos people feel uncomfortable when start to shoot their way. Really nice photos.

nice :)

like the colours and all the different styles you used to bring them out

usually they dont some but some do.:bsmilie:
like what dannysantos said " dont make eye contacts"
and they wont think that you are photographing them.
i must say they are many times i feel rather fearful when
i point the camera at them :sweat: just keep cool lor:sweatsm:

i must say that i've learned a lot (and still learning) from danny's website
and his interview on how he did the shots.
thanks danny, if you are reading this!:)

Thanks for sharing. I guess must use zoom zoom lens also.. less likely to be noticed and more room to run away?

Thanks for sharing. I guess must use zoom zoom lens also.. less likely to be noticed and more room to run away?

yes, having a zoomer will be an advantage.
but don't have to run away lah :)

I like your shots because they are simply interesting. Good street photography.

Purists of street photography would say that one should be a part of the scene and shoot from a close distance but it seems that your telephoto shots work very well.

I admire your ability to actually go out there and shoot. I tried street photography in Singapore and failed miserably because whenever I raised my camera to my eye everybody seemed to notice and I immediately became an object of attention. I guess it doesn't help that I am a caucasian (damn it!).

So, to put it short: well done!

Cheers

Psalm

I like your shots because they are simply interesting. Good street photography.

Purists of street photography would say that one should be a part of the scene and shoot from a close distance but it seems that your telephoto shots work very well.

I admire your ability to actually go out there and shoot. I tried street photography in Singapore and failed miserably because whenever I raised my camera to my eye everybody seemed to notice and I immediately became an object of attention. I guess it doesn't help that I am a caucasian (damn it!).

So, to put it short: well done!

Cheers

Psalm

thanks for the kind words Psalm :)
actually there are people who do notice me when i raise and point my cam (im a chinese). but i've to say that you just got to keep it cool and fun for yourself :) the fear will not go away but it's fine as you go along and enjoy it. i've failed many shots and i learn from it and still learning :)

don't give up, keep shooting and have fun!