Along Orchard Road

"imitation" is not a nice word to use, and certainly not the one I would use to describe this thread.
So far, this thread is the only one I've read from the 1st page till the last... great work! keep it up!

thanks wywysimba :) it's nice to know that you enjoy the pictures.

Well said! I too was inspired by Dannysantos and i look up to him alot as a street photographer, i love his works and was deeply inspired by his works. I have too found what i loved to shoot on the streets. I too shoot the same thing and at the same location as Dannysantos thats because i was inspired to do so. Everyone does the things they like because they were inspired. Its the sharing and learning that matters most instead of labeling others as a "clone" to whomever whom. Bro Toonz, do what you love and enjoy! Hope to bump into you in Orchard someday. Cheers and happy shooting!

thanks weishun :) for the kind words.

4684868667_d2c7825b45.jpg

4687793183_6b0070c5d0.jpg

4690555599_f887ac57dd.jpg

4694084688_b6457aa018.jpg

4697209370_1f177ccbf1.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

Loving your shots! Very insipiring :)

Hi,

I just moved to Singapore a few days ago and this happened to be one of the first threads I browsed in this forum. I think your photos, especially the street portraits, are really really impressive and very inspiring.

Having walked along Orchard Road during my first few days in Singapore, I think I can say, with an open and unbiased mind, that your photos really capture the spirit and nature of the place, and the myriad of people of who frequent it. I really like some of the candids where you've captured bored commuters in contrast to those of excited shoppers. The impression I get from your photos is exactly the same as my first impression of Orchard Road, and for me at least, therein lies the appeal of this thread of work.

I haven't summoned up the courage the ask a random person for permission to take a picture of him or her yet, but looking at your successful efforts, I think will give it a go.

Hope to see more of your work and apologies to other forum users if my comments above are rather generic and similar to those before. I was just really struck by these photos and felt compelled to voice my appreciation !

JT

Last edited:
Hi,

I just moved to Singapore a few days ago and this happened to be one of the first threads I browsed in this forum. I think your photos, especially the street portraits, are really really impressive and very inspiring.

Having walked along Orchard Road during my first few days in Singapore, I think I can say, with an open and unbiased mind, that your photos really capture the spirit and nature of the place, and the myriad of people of who frequent it. I really like some of the candids where you've captured bored commuters in contrast to those of excited shoppers. The impression I get from your photos is exactly the same as my first impression of Orchard Road, and for me at least, therein lies the appeal of this thread of work.

I haven't summoned up the courage the ask a random person for permission to take a picture of him or her yet, but looking at your successful efforts, I think will give it a go.

Hope to see more of your work and apologies to other forum users if my comments above are rather generic and similar to those before. I was just really struck by these photos and felt compelled to voice my appreciation !

JT

thanks JT :) welcome to singapore!
i'm glad that you like the photos :)
and thank you for your encouragement.
hope you will enjoy your stay here and will also enjoy taking pictures in singapore :)

Love your street portraits shoot.
Admire your courage to ask them for a shot.

Hey there, very good stuff I'd say. you've come a long way, improving since the first post. Definitely a lot of similarities to D. Santos' work but its all good, we all get inspired by others, copy a lil here and there before creating our own styles. All the best with developing your own style in the near future and I'll be looking forward to that! ;)

Love your street portraits shoot.
Admire your courage to ask them for a shot.

thanks lchoong :)
it took me a long time to practice asking and i still have that fear till today.
but its not impossible :)

Hey there, very good stuff I'd say. you've come a long way, improving since the first post. Definitely a lot of similarities to D. Santos' work but its all good, we all get inspired by others, copy a lil here and there before creating our own styles. All the best with developing your own style in the near future and I'll be looking forward to that! ;)

thanks for the encouragement jiangbabe :)
his works does give me the inspiration, especially when he said, "stepping out of your comfort zone" :)