Along Orchard Road

4584685816_cc62087e54.jpg

4587974319_d9f84c49b9.jpg

4589811856_682ffa2044.jpg

4591792315_c3622054be.jpg

imitation is good to start out with, assuming that you came later, but eventually i hope you find something you really like to shoot instead of becoming a dannysantos clone.

i thought i was just looking at dannysantos' thread when i looked at this one. same emphasis on females, same type of things being shot (girls, rainy days, posed street portraits with just headshots)...

Hey... Nice series...

For no 3, did u use a soft focus lens or was it done in PP?

imitation is good to start out with, assuming that you came later, but eventually i hope you find something you really like to shoot instead of becoming a dannysantos clone.

i thought i was just looking at dannysantos' thread when i looked at this one. same emphasis on females, same type of things being shot (girls, rainy days, posed street portraits with just headshots)...

hi night86mare
well i don't see myself being anyone's clone because there is no way that i have the ability to duplicate anyone's skills and techniques. i have found what i enjoy shooting and i know exactly what im into. and speaking of danny, yes, he may be the first photographer who has inspired me (and i believe many others) to a direction that i have been searching for a long time, and i have to thank him for that after following his articles and interviews on his website. even danny was inspired by other photographers. (if you have been reading his blog and find out who inspired him) does that mean he is imitating? Definitely no. i may be shooting at the same location with him, bumming into each other almost every week. shooting the same contents like people, rainy days, close up portraits. does that mean copying? i don't think so. danny is a nice gentleman who is willing to share about his work. just because danny is doing this does not mean that im becoming a clone of him. there are many photographers who are doing the same thing at the same place like we do. and there are pictures that i've seen from others reflecting a similar type of photography. does that mean that are many d-clone rising up? i don't think so. everyone is inspired by one another and if different individuals are able to achieve a certain skills that they found from others through constant hard work practice, well, good for them. i execute my images differently and even the expressions from the people are different. street shots are from a different angles. i know exactly how i want the strangers to portray when they ask me how they should look. the vibe, the aura, the smiles etc.

cheers :) and have a great week shooting :)

Hey... Nice series...

For no 3, did u use a soft focus lens or was it done in PP?

thanks profezeur
it was shot with a kit lens and pp it to make it soft. too much distraction at the side :bsmilie:

What is so wrong with emphasis on females, girls? :dunno: Are they being forced? Do you know why man don't wear make up. Or should photographer take men with make up on the street? :nono:

"imitation" is not a nice word to use, and certainly not the one I would use to describe this thread.
So far, this thread is the only one I've read from the 1st page till the last... great work! keep it up!

hi night86mare
well i don't see myself being anyone's clone because there is no way that i have the ability to duplicate anyone's skills and techniques. i have found what i enjoy shooting and i know exactly what im into. and speaking of danny, yes, he may be the first photographer who has inspired me (and i believe many others) to a direction that i have been searching for a long time, and i have to thank him for that after following his articles and interviews on his website. even danny was inspired by other photographers. (if you have been reading his blog and find out who inspired him) does that mean he is imitating? Definitely no. i may be shooting at the same location with him, bumming into each other almost every week. shooting the same contents like people, rainy days, close up portraits. does that mean copying? i don't think so. danny is a nice gentleman who is willing to share about his work. just because danny is doing this does not mean that im becoming a clone of him. there are many photographers who are doing the same thing at the same place like we do. and there are pictures that i've seen from others reflecting a similar type of photography. does that mean that are many d-clone rising up? i don't think so. everyone is inspired by one another and if different individuals are able to achieve a certain skills that they found from others through constant hard work practice, well, good for them. i execute my images differently and even the expressions from the people are different. street shots are from a different angles. i know exactly how i want the strangers to portray when they ask me how they should look. the vibe, the aura, the smiles etc.

cheers :) and have a great week shooting :)

Well said! I too was inspired by Dannysantos and i look up to him alot as a street photographer, i love his works and was deeply inspired by his works. I have too found what i loved to shoot on the streets. I too shoot the same thing and at the same location as Dannysantos thats because i was inspired to do so. Everyone does the things they like because they were inspired. Its the sharing and learning that matters most instead of labeling others as a "clone" to whomever whom. Bro Toonz, do what you love and enjoy! Hope to bump into you in Orchard someday. Cheers and happy shooting!