All things abt NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Latest update...
Larry Hughes signs for Cavs as Le Bron's sidekick...
Kobe's nike ads are back...

Cavs - lebron and larry will make a very dynamic backcourt for the Cavs. but they really needed someone to help open the court up with range... larry doesn't quite fit that build, but brings slashing speed and solid defense instead. after having lost boozer last year, now they need to secure "Z", asap!!!

nemesis32 - dude, thanks for starting the thread!! :thumbsup:

Gosh I totally lost interest this year... but good that the finals went to 7 games.

swampthing said:
Gosh I totally lost interest this year... but good that the finals went to 7 games.
kinda hard with the lack of TV coverage. :sweat:

i thought that the balance between the east and west made for a pretty interesting season, shaq from LA -> MIA, webber from SAC -> PHI, rasheed from POR -> DET (previous season). and surging teams like PHO, CLE and DEN...

but even with all the flashy dunks and players with funky attitudes... fundementals and sound defense can still win games, as proven by the spurs!!

need more TV coverage!!! :mad2:

Cactus jACK said:
Cavs - lebron and larry will make a very dynamic backcourt for the Cavs. but they really needed someone to help open the court up with range... larry doesn't quite fit that build, but brings slashing speed and solid defense instead. after having lost boozer last year, now they need to secure "Z", asap!!!

nemesis32 - dude, thanks for starting the thread!! :thumbsup:
No prob dude...

Rumoured that Cavs are looking to snatach Haslem (a very good PF) from Miami.

Bob Weiss ( a former Sonics player/current assistant and head coach for several NBA teams) looks likely to be named coach.

I think Danny Ferry has done well in his short time in Cavs as GM.

For CAVs, the loss of Boozer is negated by the emergence of another player (i gooden i think, dun remind the name now) and now they have added defensive toughness to the back court. The problem is if you play Hughes and Le Bron in backcourt, Le Bron will not be so effective as no pure point guard.

As for Haslem, he will help them with his contribution of say abt 10pts/10 rebs at least a game.

Cactus jACK said:
kinda hard with the lack of TV coverage. :sweat:

i thought that the balance between the east and west made for a pretty interesting season, shaq from LA -> MIA, webber from SAC -> PHI, rasheed from POR -> DET (previous season). and surging teams like PHO, CLE and DEN...

but even with all the flashy dunks and players with funky attitudes... fundementals and sound defense can still win games, as proven by the spurs!!

need more TV coverage!!! :mad2:
Yah... i was in china during the Finals and never get to watch it. However, it seems to be a good series, esp with the emergence of Manu...

LBJ and Larry is enough for the back court, and if they able to retain big Z, they are sure make into the playoff, anyway, CLE still need a PF, hopefully, A Walker or S Abdul is one of them..

They definitely can get into playoffs... how far they can progress is another thing... It took MJ many years to win a final... Charles barkley, malone and stockton dun even have a ring...

For PF, if they sign Haslem, i think their starting 5 is awesome...

tang90246 said:
LBJ and Larry is enough for the back court, and if they able to retain big Z, they are sure make into the playoff, anyway, CLE still need a PF, hopefully, A Walker or S Abdul is one of them..
latest news is that Z has indicated that he will re-sign with the cavs once the free agent signing period begins on 22/7!!

good news of cavs fans!! :thumbsup:

Cavs is going to be strong next year, joining the big 3 of the east (Pistons, Heats and Pacers).
My favourite team is Sixers... hope that they can resign Dalembert and that Webber will be good this coming season.

Yeah, not much NBA coverage since MJ retires... :(

I actually liked Pacers but they wasted their chances last year with the fight and now my fav pacer player, miller has retired. It is so sad....

:thumbsup: for Cav hope they can make it to the PL next yr... n maybe LJ can be the next MJ... for me I lost my favourite team since His Airness retire... :bheart:

For me it's a bit different. As much as i liked MJ, he's not my fav player and bulls has never been my fav team.

MY all time fav player is still Magic Johnson and all tiem fav team is the Lakers in the late 80s... 2nd fav player and team is Isiah Thomas and the Detroit Pistons who wins the double...

nemesis32 said:
I actually liked Pacers but they wasted their chances last year with the fight and now my fav pacer player, miller has retired. It is so sad....
reggie was the man... and still is!! one of my favourites since i started watching the NBA in the 1980's!! pacers getting into the play-offs after all the suspensions of their key players is credit to his great leadership and energy. further solidified by them getting into the confernce finals!! reggie will be missed, esp for his energy and game winning 3's!!! :thumbsup:

Yup... i have great admiration for him. In the beginning, he's just arrogant but later on he improves and become a better player and a better person..

A 1-club only player in modern sports era is difficult to find...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: For NBA's best 3 point shooter! and a Great leader!
Will miss the Miller Time... Hope he goes on for another season. :sweatsm:

Best 3 point shooter and leader? nah.. Best 3 point shooter all time - Larry Bird, i think he can nails it even with his eyes closed! Best leader? - prob Magic or Isiah...

Btw, Haslem re-signed with Heat for 5 years... There goes a PF for Cavs...

Status
Not open for further replies.