All About The Olympus E-510 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see... Maybe I can use my Lowepro Slingshot slung in front to approximate the usage of a large belly in this case...

I think no need tummy lah... only saying half in jest. Just tug your elbow close to your body and hold your breath. I must add that the Bigma at 1.8kg does feel heavy after 1 hour. A monopod will go a long way to help hold the weight and achieve sharper shots. Although personally I can't get used to using a monopod. :)

Haha... a little bit of tummy lah... yes back to Oly. The IS and the ISO performance of the E510 really makes a difference. One last issue I have with Oly is the flash. It really eats batteries. But on balance, it's the lightest handholdable setup I can find. I don't have the physique to lug along a 5KG setup. Still have the C equipment. Will let go soon. :)

yala...i really enjoy the lightest from u ...ya so light n sharp...

They look typical of an excellent lens to me and for the price of that lens, it ought to be unnaturally sharp. ;)

Thanks bousozoku. I've posted another pic with less USM. :)

Hi Schon and microcosm. Perhaps overzealous sharpening. The last step in my usual workflow is applying USM after reducing image size for web, setting at 150%, 0.5 pixel, 4 levels threshold.

Ok, now the image below is at 50%, 0.5 pixel instead:

P8041871%20copy2.jpg

that's much better, red-i. :)

it's natural to go unnaturally sharp with usm during pp, cos in your mind all that goes is more, more, more... uhhhhh. yeah you get the idea. haha.

that's much better, red-i. :)

it's natural to go unnaturally sharp with usm during pp, cos in your mind all that goes is more, more, more... uhhhhh. yeah you get the idea. haha.

Thanks! :)

Hey,it looks so much better now. Can also tell that there was a very slight camera shake... but heck, its handheld (let's form the handheld club!). Also, to nickpick a little, the colour is a little off now... hmmm...

Hey,it looks so much better now. Can also tell that there was a very slight camera shake... but heck, its handheld (let's form the handheld club!). Also, to nickpick a little, the colour is a little off now... hmmm...

Wow...I thought very sharp liao. How you see the slight camera shake???

Thanks bousozoku. I've posted another pic with less USM. :)

I compensated for that. I use a fuzzy web browser. It softened any extra sharpening in the photos, so they look quite amazing, as they should.

A friend of mine mentioned that a flamingo photo I took looked almost like a 3D rendering and I didn't even apply an unsharp mask. :D

I compensated for that. I use a fuzzy web browser. It softened any extra sharpening in the photos, so they look quite amazing, as they should.

A friend of mine mentioned that a flamingo photo I took looked almost like a 3D rendering and I didn't even apply an unsharp mask. :D

I see. You are using the same setup? ie Bigma + E510? I hear that some Sigma 4/3 lenses have to be recalibrated due to back focus issues. Good to hear yours is a sharp copy. I'm planning to send mine to Sigma in Singapore for a check because the focusing accuracy seems to fall as the subject distance increases. Thanks for sharing your experience :)

I see. You are using the same setup? ie Bigma + E510? I hear that some Sigma 4/3 lenses have to be recalibrated due to back focus issues. Good to hear yours is a sharp copy. I'm planning to send mine to Sigma in Singapore for a check because the focusing accuracy seems to fall as the subject distance increases. Thanks for sharing your experience :)

No, nothing so new, E1 + 14-54mm + 50-200mm. I just photograph the birds a bit closer.

I'm still afraid to buy a Sigma lens since my last one for Minolta in the 1980s. The Minolta body was a gift and I needed a flexible lens so I...embarrassed myself buying an inexpensive lens for it. :sweatsm:

I'm impressed by Sigma's EX lenses, though. The 30mm f/1.4 and the Bigma are both interesting to me.

No, nothing so new, E1 + 14-54mm + 50-200mm. I just photograph the birds a bit closer.

I'm still afraid to buy a Sigma lens since my last one for Minolta in the 1980s. The Minolta body was a gift and I needed a flexible lens so I...embarrassed myself buying an inexpensive lens for it. :sweatsm:

I'm impressed by Sigma's EX lenses, though. The 30mm f/1.4 and the Bigma are both interesting to me.

I see. I was skeptical initially too but the Bigma offers focal length which I need for birding. So far the lens has not disappointed. Brought the lens to Sigma in Singapore for calibration and found no serious problem, only slight backfocusing at the 50mm end. The guys at Sigma Singapore are very professional and service oriented. I'm impressed.

I heard good things about the 30mm 1.4 too. Tempted...... :)

Brought the lens to Sigma in Singapore for calibration and found no serious problem, only slight backfocusing at the 50mm end.

Not really an issue, I don't think you got the Bigma for the wide end! :bsmilie:

Not really an issue, I don't think you got the Bigma for the wide end! :bsmilie:

Like use a bazooka to kill mosquito :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: Agree, didn't adjust in the end. :)

Hi,

I am interested to get the E510 but sadly missed the COMEX promo.
Anyone here knows where to get a similar deal?

Greatly appreciate your help.

Hi,

Try the Harvy Norman store at Funan.

They were the ones organising the offers for COMEX if I'm not mistaken so you can try haggling them to match the deal they gave then...

Hi,

seriously you should do a search on the Buy Sell forum...
there are guys there selling brand new E510s for knock down prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.