All About The Olympus E-510 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks holiday and boiboi:)

Saw the adverts. But the price they are selling at not too far with the twin lens price.

Haggle for the same freebies aye;)if only I got the gift of the gab...

Hi,

I am interested to get the E510 but sadly missed the COMEX promo.
Anyone here knows where to get a similar deal?

Greatly appreciate your help.

Try look for this guy, Amos, at harvey norman.

See if he can deal you something similar.

Z

Did that already. Must say he is a prompt in his reply:)

Got my E-510 at Comex, an awesome camera! Have been following the intellectual discussion for 26 pages and marvelling at the great Oly camp here. :D

If you haggle hard enough, sure can one. Got mine at $1299 dual lens, + 1 GB xD card, 2GB CF Card, Adobe Elements 5.0, Lowepro bag (forgot what model, threw away tag). Although now have to save up for the extra BLM-1 battery. Haha.

$1299:eek: not $1399??

Did that already. Must say he is a prompt in his reply:)

However, he said that only std freebies will be given ie twin lens with 2gb card and dslr bag and 1 yr warrt. No tripod, screen protector, extra CF cards.

But I am hoping that if I come down to Funan and show that I am serious, you guys think I can get those (;) hint to Amos!!)

Tripod and Screen protector are no biggies...you'll probably get a better tripod anyways.

But maybe you can push for extra CF. Those things are always useful :D

Z

Got my E-510 at Comex, an awesome camera! Have been following the intellectual discussion for 26 pages and marvelling at the great Oly camp here. :D

If you haggle hard enough, sure can one. Got mine at $1299 dual lens, + 1 GB xD card, 2GB CF Card, Adobe Elements 5.0, Lowepro bag (forgot what model, threw away tag). Although now have to save up for the extra BLM-1 battery. Haha.

Wow that's a darn good deal. :thumbsup: on getting that! I wonder which lowepro you got..

:D got the E-510 just now :thumbsup:to Amos and Vincent. Though they are salesmen, they are not pushy at all. An enjoyable buying experience for me and my Mrs!

Still charging the batt so can't play with it just yet...

:D got the E-510 just now :thumbsup:to Amos and Vincent. Though they are salesmen, they are not pushy at all. An enjoyable buying experience for me and my Mrs!

Now's the perfect time to read through the advanced manual! :)

Congrats on getting the E-510! You will have endless hours of fun with it... and yes, read the manual and go through the functions... once you master the functions is then, when you are able to focus on the creative aspect of photography! Cheers.

Thanks guys!

Wow the amount of functions is quite overwhelming!
But I am sure I will get the help I need here from other fellow E510:)

Btw, where is the advance manual?

Thanks guys!

Wow the amount of functions is quite overwhelming!
But I am sure I will get the help I need here from other fellow E510:)

Btw, where is the advance manual?

There should be 2 manuals you should get. No? ;p

Yup. Got only one manual.
But wrotniak one is still better as it explains in more detail.

Wondering if anybody has any luck finding rm-1 (remote shutter release) for olympus and how much would it cost. Was going around funan (AP and Bally, John 3:16) to no avail. Also, any suggestion on alternative.

Wondering if anybody has any luck finding rm-1 (remote shutter release) for olympus and how much would it cost. Was going around funan (AP and Bally, John 3:16) to no avail. Also, any suggestion on alternative.

Try Ebay. Lots of clones there. Got mine for just S$20.

Status
Not open for further replies.