Akarui Dry Cabinet settings enquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

ombre

Sep 3, 2008
Hi guys, I just got a Akarui dry cabinet from CP. Starting to wonder if I even needed one in the first place.

When I first opened the box, the RH value was at 70... after setting up, and opening the door... the RH value dropped straight to 50 (without powering on yet). Seems like my aircon room (on as long as I'm at home) humidity level is ideal enough. But in anycase, heres what happened.

I set the Power to High as per instructed... the needle was stuck at 48%... I thought the analog hydrometer crashed... for about 1 hour its like that. So I opened the door again and turned off the power, to see if the meter goes back up. Nope.. didn't.

Fine, I turn it back on, kept it on H still. after awhile it dropped to about 40%... so, enough, I set it to M hoping that it will balance there. But nono, it went down somemore, so I turned it down to Low..., now its at 25%.

Is this normal? I assume High means high drying and not high humidity, am I correct? Or I'm wondering if my base humidity is already too low that the dry cab drove it much lower.

not sure about the high and low parts, that you have to refer to your owner manual..

anyway, if the humidity level in you air con room is already 50%, Dry Cabinet is a dehumidifier, how can it produces higher humidity in your room?

you want your air con room humidity level higher than 50%? spray water in your room.

not sure about the high and low parts, that you have to refer to your owner manual..

anyway, if the humidity level in you air con room is already 50%, Dry Cabinet is a dehumidifier, how can it produces higher humidity in your room?

you want your air con room humidity level higher than 50%? spray water in your room.

Thanks for replying.

Hmm, thats not exactly what I meant. For instance, if under normal circumstances, the M setting brings someone else's cabinet to 50%... if my room is already 50%, will it take it lower, or maintain at 50%? using the same settings.

Dry cabinet is not air tight, since the humidity level in you air con room is already reaches 50%, so the thermostat tell the dry cabinet to go idle.

Okay, well thanks for all who replied, I think I read a part of the manual that answered my question. Sorry for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.