Airbus A380

Status
Not open for further replies.
philliptan said:
These few weeks all aircraft are landing facing north... so it's most likely 02L or 02C. You can forget abt Changi Beach. Wrong side. :D Changi North is a good place to catch an aircraft landing 02L.

02C is 4000 metres while 02L is 3260 metres.... so my guess is 02C. Which is sad, cos I work in Changi North, just beside the threshold of 02L.

which is the T1 viewing area facing, 02C and D2L ?

Ok, I've no idea which RW gonna be in use for A380 landing tomorrow. But if i'm not wrong, F31 is viewable from the T2 viewing mall.

http://appserver2.caas.gov.sg/CAASApp/Aip/display_titles.jsp?ccode=AD-WSSS

Download:

WSSS-AD2-31 Aerodrome Chart - ICAO 3,459 KB

Seasoed WSSS Spotter please confirm if the black windows are the Viewing Mall's windows:

Gate F31:

sm0.jpg

The black windows:

sm2.jpg

F31

sm5.jpg

If those windows are the viewing mall's, then for those not trying to catch the landing shots can 'camp' at T2 viewing mall for the plane to dock.

*Hope those pics are enough for illustration*

rinaldi86 said:
Ok, I've no idea which RW gonna be in use for A380 landing tomorrow. But if i'm not wrong, F31 is viewable from the T2 viewing mall.

http://appserver2.caas.gov.sg/CAASApp/Aip/display_titles.jsp?ccode=AD-WSSS

Download:

WSSS-AD2-31 Aerodrome Chart - ICAO 3,459 KB

Seasoed WSSS Spotter please confirm if the black windows are the Viewing Mall's windows:

Gate F31:

sm0.jpg

The black windows:

sm2.jpg

F31

sm5.jpg

If those windows are the viewing mall's, then for those not trying to catch the landing shots can 'camp' at T2 viewing mall for the plane to dock.

*Hope those pics are enough for illustration*
I think most seasoned SIN spotters dont even bother to go to t2 viewing mall.anyway..it quite a good place to see the A380 up close if what rinaldi provided has been correct.;)

A few months back I visited the T2 but the viewing mall is under some construction thing...cannot see any aeroplanes, is it completed now?

:dunno:

the T2 viewin mall is quite pathetic.. think it'll be quite disappointing to spot planes from there.

my guess on the runway... 20C ... i just hope the police won't be overzealous tml and chase pple away from coastal road area...

HydroPoP said:
A few months back I visited the T2 but the viewing mall is under some construction thing...cannot see any aeroplanes, is it completed now?

:dunno:
yup..it's completed 2-3 months back. I was at the opening ceremony event at gate F31

weg said:
the T2 viewin mall is quite pathetic.. think it'll be quite disappointing to spot planes from there.

my guess on the runway... 20C ... i just hope the police won't be overzealous tml and chase pple away from coastal road area...
no..they won't chase you away...they'll detain you if they see you holding a camera...I know a few spotters who kena that before..don go there:nono: ...itsa high security area..besides..A380 coming so sure tighten up security...;)

weg said:

It is absoloutely pathetic. But I guess that's the best place to spot the plane if there's no confirmed runway usage for tomorrow.

Well, could be 20C or 02C.

Then again, who knows they change it for tomorrow to 02L or 20L:dunno:

Most probably I'll be going, provided no rain tomorrow morning....and can wake up ;p

Do we need exposure compensation when taking pics through the dark tinted glass of the T2 viewing mall?

rinaldi86 said:
It is absoloutely pathetic. But I guess that's the best place to spot the plane if there's no confirmed runway usage for tomorrow.

it is still the unpredictable period of direction so I rather not guess and go there to see for myself...:D
so no one goin tmr ah?:dunno:

better to bring along CP to eliminate the reflection of the tinted glass

Damien, you confirm going ah? Help me take some pics cos you know I can't.

Rinaldi is correct, that's F31 in front of the viewing mall... It's on the right hand side, so I'm not sure if the completed viewing mall encompassed it. I know it's been shrunk. Damien can confirm that info though.

Hey, Damien, if I'm down at the apron, I'll give you a call and you shoot some shots of me and the ugly brute ok? :D

philliptan said:
Damien, you confirm going ah? Help me take some pics cos you know I can't.

Rinaldi is correct, that's F31 in front of the viewing mall... It's on the right hand side, so I'm not sure if the completed viewing mall encompassed it. I know it's been shrunk. Damien can confirm that info though.

Hey, Damien, if I'm down at the apron, I'll give you a call and you shoot some shots of me and the ugly brute ok? :D
of course man!....but i got no cir-pol leh....so got green...the viewing mall has indeed been shrunk.plus t1's viewing mall is goin soon though....so we, spotters hopes now rest on t3...

rinaldi86 said:

if change to 02L/20R then we LL lor haha...
hmmm just a thought, if it lands on 20R, it'll prob have to cross that bridge across the road over to gate F.. imagine the sight of driving towrds the airport and seeing the A380 overhead!!

police will really detain pple taking pics along coastal road??!!

weg said:
if change to 02L/20R then we LL lor haha...
hmmm just a thought, if it lands on 20R, it'll prob have to cross that bridge across the road over to gate F.. imagine the sight of driving towrds the airport and seeing the A380 overhead!!

police will really detain pple taking pics along coastal road??!!
yes.because you can be suspected as a terrorists...though they haven't put up ''NO PHOTOGRAPHY'' signs..but we wont want them to do that do we....:D

JediForce4ever said:
of course man!....but i got no cir-pol leh....so got green...the viewing mall has indeed been shrunk.plus t1's viewing mall is goin soon though....so we, spotters hopes now rest on t3...

Aiya... say earlier mah... I've got 2 cps... 52mm and 58mm.... now so late how to pass to you... Never mind lah... use Photoshop curves/levels to edit lor... :D

As I've said before... T3's shades do not go all the way down... Unless we suay and they build the viewing mall on level 3... if so jia lat liao...

Status
Not open for further replies.