Airbus A380

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
The Airbus A380, the world largest passengers' aircraft will arrive at Changi airport tomorrow at around 10am. You can view the plane at Terminal 2 viewing area. Good opportunity for those on holiday to test their cam and post their photos here.

Canonised said:
The Airbus A380, the world largest passengers' aircraft will arrive at Changi airport tomorrow at around 10am. You can view the plane at Terminal 2 viewing area. Good opportunity for those on holiday to test their cam and post their photos here.

I am thinking of going...

isn't that T2 viewing area has those sun shade blind thing so can't really view it ?

or T2 has 2 viewing areas ?

donkuok said:
I will go to transit to view it.;)

how ? buy a cheapest budget airline ticket ?

ycchen said:
how ? buy a cheapest budget airline ticket ?

Ticket is cheap but the Airport Tax & Airline Fuel is xpensive..

donchua said:
Ticket is cheap but the Airport Tax & Airline Fuel is xpensive..

almost forgot about the tax and surcharge :bsmilie:

Anyone ? T2 how many viewing areas ?/

Thanks

Do you know what time it's landing and taking-off?

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/sub/singapore/story/0,5562,351856,00.html?

A DELAYED arrival and a tight schedule means the new Airbus 380 mega jet - the world's largest passenger plane - will be in Singapore for one day instead of the scheduled two.

But the aircraft will be back early next year, possibly for the Asian Aerospace air show, said an Airbus spokesman.

The short visit tomorrow will leave too little time for baggage, cargo-loading and other tests by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) and Singapore Airlines (SIA), which will be the first airline to fly the giant bird.

An Airbus spokesman told The Straits Times that the A380 will taxi around the airport and will dock at Gate F31 but extensive airport compatibility tests will be done only when the plane returns early next year.

'There will be ample opportunities for airport compatibility testing at Changi Airport next year.'

The plane will also make a third visit to the region late next year for 'route-proving' exercises, which are part of the aircraft's certification programme before it can be put to commercial use.

A CAAS spokesman confirmed that more tests will be done next year.

The double-decker jet was to have arrived here on Tuesday but was delayed by engine trouble.

It will now land just after 10am tomorrow.

Fans may be able to catch a glimpse of the aircraft from the public viewing area at Terminal 2.

The plane will leave tomorrow night as it is scheduled to be in Australia for Qantas' 85th birthday bash.

Transport Minister Yeo Cheow Tong and other special guests will be given a tour of the aircraft, which will be at Terminal 2.

The visit to Singapore is part of the aircraft's maiden test flight out of Europe.

The A380 will visit Malaysia after Australia.

SIA has ordered 10 planes, with an option to purchase another 15.

It will receive its first aircraft in November next year, six months behind schedule.

The delays have caused airlines, including SIA, to seek compensation from Airbus.

But such hiccups are not uncommon when a major aircraft like the A380 is launched, insiders say.

They point to a similar problem Boeing faced in the 1990s when it introduced the 747-400 jumbo.

donkuok said:
of coz can...take as many as u want

That good.. So must Shot Shoot Shoot & Post Post Post..:devil:

Anyone has good guess which runaway the A380 might use when landing tomorrow? Could some of you experts give their best guess what runaway is typically used this time of the year?

Thinking about if I should go to Changi Airport and try to catch the landing... Anyone else going? Where do you plan to go? T1 viewing platform? Changi Beach? Or somewhere else?

T2 if possible guys. they gonna station the aircraft at the cross south bridge (that one the bridge that aircraft uses to cross over from runway 1 to runway 2 i think) for awhile for photo taking... anyway it's gonna arrive in the morning..i guess that's all i can say...blah

Peter_Tee said:
Anyone has good guess which runaway the A380 might use when landing tomorrow? Could some of you experts give their best guess what runaway is typically used this time of the year?

Thinking about if I should go to Changi Airport and try to catch the landing... Anyone else going? Where do you plan to go? T1 viewing platform? Changi Beach? Or somewhere else?

These few weeks all aircraft are landing facing north... so it's most likely 02L or 02C. You can forget abt Changi Beach. Wrong side. :D Changi North is a good place to catch an aircraft landing 02L.

02C is 4000 metres while 02L is 3260 metres.... so my guess is 02C. Which is sad, cos I work in Changi North, just beside the threshold of 02L.

Nice baby hu ?

Pics taken during its first flight (not mine though)

helloween_1130095526_a380.jpg

2487.jpg

2575.jpg

2557.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.