Air-condition public buses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
Have you ever got onto an air-condition public bus and then you realised its like a suana?

Well, for the pass 5 days on my way back home from my ICT in Yishun, I would take bus service 171 and switch to 184 back to Clementi. Everyday, I just feel like I'm in a suana instead of an air-condition bus.

Okay, most or maybe some of you might say that due to the weather, its hot and the air-con may not function well, and blah blah blah... I have to agree with this but, what's the point of having air-condition buses in the first place? Isn't these buses here to counter such climate and provide a more comfortable ride?

What's your view?

U pump da aircon up, ppl complain too cold, u say juz nice.
U turn it down, ppl say juz nice, u say too hot.

Suana? I don't think so. Or would u like to go back to the old days where there's no aircon at all? ;)

maybe some people have not tried buses when aircon were down.
over the past few mths,i tried it twice.
i was sweating inside and grasping for air,only the ventilation fan was on and you can see all the gloomy face inside.
i mean why charge us aircon fare when aircon is down,cannot open door and travel or at least let us have the option to transfer to the next bus.
or inform us before we board but none really happens.

Well i guess sauna is not so bad as compared to when its raining heavily and then the bus driver has to turn on the air-con so cold that u can hear it at full blast........and off course he'll be wearing a sweater.........and poor you and me will be half wet and shivering away........... :sweatsm:

if it is the air con broke down in the middle of the journey i still can understand

but i have encountered a few times when the air con was not working when i board the bus at the interchange!! it was too late for me to get down since i only realise when the bus had moved off.

dun understand why the driver never send the bus for service immediately...what if someone fainted because of the lack of fresh air? i feel like sitting in an oven thru out the trip

enghong17 said:
Well i guess sauna is not so bad as compared to when its raining heavily and then the bus driver has to turn on the air-con so cold that u can hear it at full blast........and off course he'll be wearing a sweater.........and poor you and me will be half wet and shivering away........... :sweatsm:

if i am not wrong, the aircon setting is auto control one, and nothing that the driver can do to adjust it

that's what the driver said when someone went up to him and complain that the air con was too strong

Wai said:
if it is the air con broke down in the middle of the journey i still can understand

but i have encountered a few times when the air con was not working when i board the bus at the interchange!! it was too late for me to get down since i only realise when the bus had moved off.

dun understand why the driver never send the bus for service immediately...what if someone fainted because of the lack of fresh air? i feel like sitting in an oven thru out the trip

They cant, else the frequency will be affected, than more will complaint. The bus company may ne fine too (I think). Look @ C Cab. They were recently fined for not being able to supply enough cab for those who dial in (or something like that).

don't complain lah... think singaporeans' life too good and convenient liao... a little bit of discomfort also complain. we are so much more fortunate and wealthy than countless people in other parts of the world.

so, let's be glad, move on and stay happy. :)

just feedback to the SBS, ask them to check on the bus.

jsbn said:
U pump da aircon up, ppl complain too cold, u say juz nice.
U turn it down, ppl say juz nice, u say too hot.

Suana? I don't think so. Or would u like to go back to the old days where there's no aircon at all? ;)
guess what i did opened up the window of bus 171 which has windows that can be opened up. it was so much better! i rather get on a non-aircon bus than a suana bus.

agreed.. its not an issue of whether we're too pampered, but if we're paying for an aircon bus service, then it's their obligation to really provide that. Even if the weather is very hot outside, or the bus is crowded, SBS shld make sure tt their aircon buses are equipped with aircon units able to handle the legal maximum number of passengers..

i once saw a bus arriving with misty windows... thinking tt i'll be having a cool ride home... but unfortunately, the mist was formed bec it was so hot and humid inside the bus, whereas it was much cooler outside!

SBS really should service their buses more regularly. Maybe they dont bec no matter wat pple still have to take their buses. No thanks to the near monopoly in our bus transport system.

hmmm.. same la.. i too experienced this.. sometimes.. the bus sooooo the freaking cold... den sometimes.. the bus soo the freakking hot..

i also dunno why... lol.... :dunno:

Well... I do experience these kind of buses before. I think It's not about getting too spoilt to comfort, It's about quality and service, I'm questioning about their mainteniance track record.

Well I juz had bad experience with a bus service 139 on Sat morning. It's not abt aircon, but the speed the bus travels. I think it 20 to 40 KM/hr, and I can see even a bicycle can out runs it man... :( My 10 mins of travel becomes a 20 or more mins ride. I would be very late for my appointment if it isn't that I was out early... Phew. I wonder if the drive did this on purpose. The last time I encountered this same situation, a passenger nearly got into a fight with the driver after confrontation...

talking about bus services...

i was on the way to school today when this moronic uncle bus captain in his early 50s shouted at me ill-manneredly after i tapped my ez-link. he assumed that i didnt tap it & pointed at the receiver and of course i tapped it again.

"ENTRY OK" with the green light when i tapped it the 2nd time.

he just continued driving.

just wanna highlight that these are really the "BAI LEI" in our society.... imagine if i was a tourist.... fyi, this is not the first time i've come across such bus captains.

and i realised also 2 things after the incident. he was firstly, BLIND. 2ndly, DEAF. how can SBS allow such slack job requirements when they are hiring bus captains? :rolleyes:

reached skool, logged into the internet, straight to SBStransit.com & lodged a complaint...

i got the opposite today. on my way home, took 171 and the bus captain greeted "Thank You" when I got on the bus, funny. today, this bus' air-condition is working, although the sun was scorching hot! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.