After losing my last Fireworks SD card.. here is the make-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a search on the streetdirectory and found this map, is this the field near NTUC building? If yes, then it is walking distance from Raffles Place MRT... ;) Cheers!

I love all your shots, may I know what shutter speed and apeture settings you used? Thanks.

Hey thx! I use F11~14 and in Bulb mode, expose between 3~30 secs. I take alot and choose those 'usuable' ones. ;p

Nice shots. I know you took it from the field near NTUC building, but how to get there? I am new to the area and would appreciate some help. When must we be there to chop a place?

Ray.

Hi ray.. thx! Moonie has shown a map and correctly pointed out its within walking distance from raffles place MRT station. :)

Hey thx! I use F11~14 and in Bulb mode, expose between 3~30 secs. I take alot and choose those 'usuable' ones. ;p
Hey thanks for sharing your settings and confirming the location. I'm a newbie and will go there to take my first firework shots tonight...hee hee hopefully can get some 'usuable' shots like yours too. :)

While going thru my SD card.. I found this one..

I think its pretty.. what do you guys think? :)

and this..

Is this too messy? which is better? :)

Onli one for now.. the rest need massive PS work.. will try again tomorrow!

Lai lai! C&C pls!! ;p

Shot at 2007-08-17
nice & unique firework!

Thanks Outlook and Scorpio for your feedback! I'm quite new to this and really not sure which is better. Thanks again! :D

Nice Pic :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hey thx! Its nice to have a Pro Camera giving :thumbsup: to my photos! ;)

Actually, looking at it again, I think i may have left too much smoke on the image.. i guess at that time, I was trying to preserve the fine fireworks line.. coz I think they are special.

Thx again!

Hey fellow CSers.. many of you has ask me how I got my FW photo background so bright and sharp (i've got a few PM on this).

I dun mind sharing how its done.. coz our resident FW pro ransoma22, 1st share this technique with me. :thumbsup: for ransoma22!

First, you need to compose your shots before display starts.

Take a nicely exposed background and do not shift your camera after that.

Proceed with shooting fireworks again without moving camera.

go home.. use photoshop, load the background photo and layer in your fireworks photo.. adjust fill, contrast and brightness to your liking... Voila!!! ;)

Of coz.. this is not a "save all" method.. it has its limitation.. sometimes, you over do it.. it looks fake.. also proper fireworks and non-smoke-filled photos are required.

Thank you for sharing the skill. Will try next time.

Hey fellow CSers.. many of you has ask me how I got my FW photo background so bright and sharp (i've got a few PM on this).

I dun mind sharing how its done.. coz our resident FW pro ransoma22, 1st share this technique with me. :thumbsup: for ransoma22!

First, you need to compose your shots before display starts.

Take a nicely exposed background and do not shift your camera after that.

Proceed with shooting fireworks again without moving camera.

go home.. use photoshop, load the background photo and layer in your fireworks photo.. adjust fill, contrast and brightness to your liking... Voila!!! ;)

Of coz.. this is not a "save all" method.. it has its limitation.. sometimes, you over do it.. it looks fake.. also proper fireworks and non-smoke-filled photos are required.

Status
Not open for further replies.