AF-S VR 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Is this lens as sharp as the 50mm(nikkor).....could some1 comment..thanks:)

seanlim said:
Is this lens as sharp as the 50mm(nikkor).....could some1 comment..thanks:)

Hi seanlim

It's 2 different class.
One is a zoom lenes while the other is a prime lense.

For sharpness, both lense can give you the sharpness you want.
Alhough 50mm performance much better than 24-120 @ 50mm.

slrgear.com

there is reviews for BOTH lens. And the information there is far more detailed than any normal user feedback you will get here. + there is review for the 17-55mm so you know how far the lens is from the "best" DX zoom.

King Tiger said:
Care to tell us what is your concern, needs and wants ?

So that we can advise you more directly. :)
kk lets see...i have decided to get a couple of lens to suit my need:
AF-S VR 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G or the 18-200 VR
24mm/2.8 or the 18-35mm or the 20mm
60mm/105mm macro...

but after using my prime, i realised that theres a big diff in terms of sharpness between it and my kit lens. so i want to have some comparison between the lenses:)

unless ur very demanding, the 18-200vr + 60marco r enuff for most of the time. reviews and tests hav shown the 18-200vr to be better thn xpected of a high magnification lens

roti_prata said:
unless ur very demanding, the 18-200vr + 60marco r enuff for most of the time. reviews and tests hav shown the 18-200vr to be better thn xpected of a high magnification lens
I second that view. Even when I got the 18-200, I wasn't expecting the lens to perform that well especially when it's a 11x zoom.

If you are not into film or FF than 18-200 is OK, both gives sharp images.
The 24-120 needs some getting used to especially the VR, the stabilizing time is longer.
18-200 is the overall champ now for superzoom unless you are using FF than the 24-120 would be good. Don't expect to compare to prime, it is not the same.

seanlim said:
kk lets see...i have decided to get a couple of lens to suit my need:
AF-S VR 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G or the 18-200 VR
24mm/2.8 or the 18-35mm or the 20mm
60mm/105mm macro...

but after using my prime, i realised that theres a big diff in terms of sharpness between it and my kit lens. so i want to have some comparison between the lenses:)
If u like the sharpness of the prime lens, then probably u should stick with prime lens.

Astin said:
If u like the sharpness of the prime lens, then probably u should stick with prime lens.
I like prime's sharpness leh, but I don't like everything prime :bsmilie:

espn said:
I like prime's sharpness leh, but I don't like everything prime :bsmilie:
yea:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.