AF of my 10D...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumball

Jul 8, 2003
In dim light condition, the focusing point in my 10D (centre point) tends to shift and focus to the new point my centra point is, when I re-compose my shot after lock in the focus point.

Is this normal or there is something wrong? :embrass:

Can someone explain to me?

Thanks.

Regards
CM

Is your AF mode set to One Shot or AI Servo mode? If One shot if you half press and hear the beep (ie focus lock), and recompose, the AF should stay locked and not shift to another point. For AI Servo the focus is continually changing even when you halfpress the shutter button.

For AI Servo for sure.

In AI Servo mode, there will be no sound nor luminate in the focusing point. I am sure it is One shot...

Agree with all the shifus here. If refocus after "lock", AF is set to AI Servo. No difference whether dim light or not.

If AF not set to AI Servo, then dim light and low contrast means it cannot lock focus. Pop up your built in flash, let it fire a few strobes to focus, hold the focus, then close the pop up flash if desired.

Check that ur custom function for this program is set correctly.I'm not sure which function though, or if there is one, but the 20D has one..so im guessing the same for the 10D.

Status
Not open for further replies.